Top Ten Steps in Letting Go

1. Cry until you run out of tears. Play sad love songs, rummage through all your photos with him, read his sweetest text messages while devouring chocolate icecream (the sound of the rain in the background…) THE WORKS. basta. Make yourself miserable.

2. After feeling like you’re the biggest loser of all sore losers, get a lot of SLEEP. SLEEP. SLEEP. You’ll feel much better when you wake up. Trust me.

3. So you sorta feel better eh? Now give yourself some ME time. Shop and buy some cool clothes, get your nails done, read a good book, paint, play the piano, have your hair treated, play sports. Whatever it is that makes you feel better about yourself.

4. Call your friends, go out and HAVE FUN.

5. For the next few weeks, make yourself busy and boost your self-esteem. Going to school looking emo and all is not the best thing to do. (hindi mo naman masyadong pinapahalata na broken ka no). Fix you hair, smile and make new friends. All these will make you feel good. Really.

6. Don’t whine to your friends every freakin’ chance you get and make them your personal shock absorbers. They know how kawawa you are but get a grip, they have their own lives too.

7. Delete the messages already, don’t go to the places where you had your dates, don’t watch sappy movies, don’t listen na to sad music. Don’t do anything that will only remind you of the world’s biggest a*hole. You’ll only defeat the purpose of this whole moving-on program.

8. REBOUND? Not such a good idea. (for me, having some rebound is a b*tchy thing to do. Which makes me a b*tch because I do it anyway. Haha lol). Pero seriously, MINGLE.

9. Seek comfort from your family and God. Spend more time with them. You’ll grow as a person.

10. Be patient. Healing all your wounds will take some time.