A guide to incoming freshmen college students:

1. Make peace with your fellow batch mates, best friend, barkada, or whoever. So if ever you get to bump into them in school, you wont feel awkward or anything. (You’ll be able to concentrate more with your studies too!)

2. More and longer breaks. Sometimes you’ll be given 3-4 hour breaks. At first, you’ll be like, “Ano? Ang tagal!”, But as time goes by, you’ll be like, “Leche! 3 hours lang.” If you don’t want to go anywhere, make sure you spend your time, at least productive. :) Sleep! Even 30 minutes of sleep can make a difference.

3. Buy yellow pad paper and not the white intermediate pad. But if your professor requires you to use white intermediate pad, then… fine!

4. Call your teachers “professors” and your classmates “blockmates.”

5. Most quizzes are up to 25-50 items (or even more). Do not be shocked. If your quiz is only up to 20, you’re lucky.

6. Greener jokes is IN. Even your professors will crack green jokes. Be open minded.

7. “Wag mo sasabihin na crush ko siya ha.” is no longer used in college. Pag crush mo, okay lang sabihin mo. If the guy/girl is mature enough, makikiride lang yun. Tatawanan niyo pa. If nalaman mo may crush sayo, okay lang din yun. Don’t keep secrets anymore. Unless, kung talagang shy ka.

8. Know how to deal with all kinds of people. Kahit jejemon, maarte, mayaman, mahirap, panget, maganda, maliit, matangkad, mataba, payat, baduy, jologs, lesbians, gays… lahat yan meron sa college. It is normal.

9. Weird schedules. 3 hours of Trig, blahblah. Minsan, iaannounce na walang pasok on that day, then biglang magtetext na meron pala.

10. High school study habits is a no no. 5 times harder ang college. Mas mabilis magturo ang professors (cos they expect that you know and you already have a background with the lesson already). They will never spoon-feed the lessons to you. It’s up to you if you’ll make a research about the lesson that was discussed or seek help from friends. Kanya- kanyang strategy lang yan.

11. It’s okay to party once in a while. If you want the best parties in town, make sure you enroll yourself in one of the best schools. :)

12. Get yourself a condominium or a dormitory. If live somewhere in South and you have to commute everyday, look at the time you’ll be wasting inside the bus/jeep. If traffic pa, mas hassle. This could pull your grades down and let you fail. Kasi pag dating mo sa bahay, tulog ka na agad sa pagod.

13. Be yourself. But if you want to be Queen B, change your name, be slutty or whatever. Your call! :)

14. wag kang absent ng absent dahil baka ikaw ay magka FD.

15. learn how to manage your time. daming echoserang profs kya handa mo na sarili mo.