| Chapter 6 |

|| Bree's POV ||

I woke up with Ethan's arms wrapped around me and Monica's snoring from across the room. I turned around and faced Ethan and the events from last night flooded my mind, the kiss.

The kiss.

It was blissful, it felt like a billion fireworks were exploding inside of me (so cliche lol.) But we are still in hell and we need to get out. We can figure our way out when Ethan wakes up.

I admire his sleeping face, the way his nose scrunches when he is having a bad dream and the way his jaw clenches and his grip on me tightens. It made me feel safe.

After about 30 minutes of watching Ethan sleep, I decided that it's time to get his lazy ass up. I caressed his cheek with my hand and pressed my lips against his. His eyes fluttered open and he kissed me back with so much passion that it almost killed me. He squeezed my torso as he kissed me. I pulled away.

"Morning beautiful," he smiled as he stroked my face. God his morning face was so sexy.

"Morning handsome," I smiled back, "what do you say we get all these lazy asses up?"

"Let's go," he agreed. He kissed me one last time then let me stand up.

But before we could do anything the junkies came in and screwed with our lives once again.

"Get up bitches!" One of then shouted while banging on the bars with a metal cup.

Everyone groaned as they got up.

"Why you bitches groaning? Y'all don't want food?" One druggy said with a country accent. I feel like I know this guy.

"No, sir. We want food." I said, "I'll beg if I have to."

"Hmm, well then, begging is a lot more fun. Beg for it. All y'all." He pointed at all of us.

We all got down on our knees. Ethan was a littles hesitant but I have him a look saying that it wasn't worth it to argue with these guys. They have guns.

We started begging.

"Please give us the food I'm starving."

"I need something in my stomach, please!"

"I beg you for food."

And after a good 2 minutes of begging they finally threw the food in and we all lunged at it like wild animals.

Ethan was the first to the bag and he grabbed it and stood up and let nobody touch it.

"HEY GIVE US SOME FOOD!" Jesse yelled. Ethan gave him a look that made Jesse cower down in fear.

He peered inside the bag.

"The peanut butter and jelly crustables." He said. We all either groaned or was extremely happy. He took one out and gave it to me then took one for himself then he passed the bag to Lenny.

"Thank you kind sir." I said as I received the sandwich.

"You're welcome beautiful." He winked. I blushed so hard.

I took my sandwich over by Monica and talked to her for a bit about her life and it turns out that she can play the piano and she's a really good artist.

I looked over at Ethan and I saw that he was sitting next to Lenny and was talking to him.

"Okay so one time my mom didn't buy me the right cologne because my normal scent is like this rain one and she bought me one that smelled like an old man. Ugh moms, gotta love 'em am I right? But does your mom ever buy you the wrong cologne? I hate it but hey, at least she tries." Lenny finished with a shrug.

"Yeah I hate it when moms do that." Ethan just said and nodded. I wanted to laugh so hard.

"Hey Bree?" Monica asked.

"Yes?" I looked at her and her eyes were watery.

"Do you think the police or our mom and dads are looking for us?"

"Yes. Your mom and dad love you and they don't want anything bad to happen to you. (a/n too late lmaooo) And if something bad already has happened like this, they will do everything in their power to find you and get you back home safely." I pulled Monica in for a hug.

I looked at everyone and realized that no one except for Jesse, has eaten a bite of their sandwich yet. I haven't eaten mine yet either. I decided that I should go check the bag for more to see if everybody was saving their sandwich for later or not. I searched through the bag and found a note.

"Guys!! I found a note in the bag!!" I said holding up the note.

"What does it say?" Ethan came up to me.

"It says, be careful one of these sandwiches isn't quite right. One word, poison. You'll have to figure out which sandwich is poisoned. Happy eating and let the Russian roulette begin." I stood there shocked. I learned about poison before, and that it takes 7 seconds to kill you. (a/n idk if this is true but who cares it's a fanfic)

Jesse got up.

"Hey, you gonna eat that?" He asked pointing to my sandwich.

"No because I don't have a death wish, but apparently you do so go right ahead." I said giving him my sandwich.

"I'm just hungry you little brat." He grabbed the sandwich and Ethan took a step forwards but I held an arm out to stop him.

He took a bite. I started counting.

1

Chew.

2

Chew.

3

Swallow.

4

Nothing.

5

Nothing.

6

Nothing.

7

Nothing.

"I guess that wasn't-" I was cut off buy Jesse's screams. Ethan's arms instantly wrapped around me to protect me.

His hands flew up to his throat as if trying to pry invisible hands off of him. He started gasping for air and his throat made these terrible gurgling sounds and his nose started to bleed and he fell to the ground. I screamed. He laid on the ground thrashing around for about 10 seconds before he went completely still and his face was lifeless.

"Oh my god." I cried and buried my face into Ethan's chest and hugged him tightly.

"Please don't let this happen to me oh my god." I cried into Ethan's chest.

"I won't let anything happen to you Bree." He picked me up and carried me away from Jesse's dead body and put me down. He lied down next to me and pulled me into his chest.

"Ethan, I know that you probably hate me and is just being nice because I'm a crying mess but I appreciate you doing this." I said as I hugged him even tighter.

"Bree I don't hate you, I love you with all of my heart and soul. I love you and I will never let anything happen to you for as long as I live. I promise." He squeezed me back and pressed his lips against mine. I immediately kissed back. I felt his soft lips on mine as they moved in sync. This kiss was soft and gentle yet contained so much passion and love, it amazed me. He pulled away and kissed my nose and then my forehead. "I love you Bree, you are mine and I won't let anything hurt you. Ever." I kissed him once more then pulled away to say three words that I've secretly been wanting to say to him ever since I met him.

"I love you."