Chapter 1: It Doesn't Mean Anything

Author's note: Heyyy guys! So first off I just want to say that this is my first time EVER writing a fanfiction. Please don't be rude in the comments, I accept criticism but keep in mind that I've only written a few short stories before (that I never published) and I am no expert at writing, but I hope you enjoy it anyway, thanks! ᵔᴥᵔ
P.S. Sorry for possible grammar mistakes.

(Y/n) - your name

(L/n) - last name

(h/c) and (h/l) - hair color and hair length

(e/c) - eye color

(s/c) - skin color

____________________________

It was early in the morning. You didn't want to get up or do anything today because of yesterday's exhausting training. And, of course, you could also blame Levi for making you clean his office 4 times. Each time you thought you were finished and reported your work he would yell at you to redo the whole thing. 'What that man finds dirty is beyond me'.

When you got up, you could feel the horrible ache in your muscles, which made you want to lay in bed all day. But you were no stranger to this feeling. Even though it hurt like hell, you knew that you've been through worse.

Thankfully, today you had a day off training since Hanji needed your help with her titan experiments. 'Let's just hope I don't get punished today so I don't have to run laps or clean again...' You thought to yourself while standing up and heading to the showers.

While you were showering you heard someone walk inside and call your name.

"(Y/n)! Hi, you're up early today." You heard a sweet female voice say.

You turned around to see who it was. It was Petra. She wore a big smile across her face and stood there with a towel wrapped around her body. You didn't want her to see how uncomfortable you actually felt with her staring at you so you simply greeted her with a smile and continued to shower. Petra on the other hand remained confident as she dropped her towel on the floor and began showering.

"So tell me (Y/n), what are your plans for today?" She said.

"Oh, I was going to help Hanji with her experiments, she needed me for something. What about you?" You said but didn't turn around to face her.

"Corporal Levi wanted me to train with him today. He said it would be good for me to learn some new moves. He said I am a very skilled soldier. It's so nice to hear compliments from the man you love, I mean, isn't he the cutest? " She said and laughed.

"Sure he is..." 'Lucky her, if only i could train with Levi. But who am I kidding, I'm not even in his squad. Petra sure does sound like she's teasing me for it. I guess I'm just jealous of her. Besides, why would she tease me if she doesn't even know about my crush on him?'

Petra was a kind girl and a good fighter too. As a matter of fact, you knew that Levi himself picked her to join his squad.

You felt a bit jealous, because she was able to spend a lot more time with him than you did. You were a good fighter too, but Hanji wanted you in her squad before Levi even knew about it. It was an honor to be in Hanji's squad, but still, you wished that Levi had chosen you.

You were friends with Petra, but not too close. You knew about her crush on Levi and that made you feel uncomfortable around her, because, well, as much as you didn't want to admit it, you had a crush on him too.