Chapter 11: Forgive Me

You quickly put on your green cloak and hid Eren's letter in your pocket. You went downstairs and headed outside, where you saw Levi and others staring at what looked like a map. When you walked closer to them you noticed how Eren's facial expression changed when he looked at you and you could tell he had a slight blush on his cheeks.

"(Y/n), you're finally here. Where's Petra? I thought you two went upstairs together." Eren said.

"Err, no we just spoke for a brief moment and then she left somewhere. I just quickly grabbed my cloak and left." You said, pretending to not know anything about his letter. You decided to hide the fact that you found it.. for now.

"Okay, now listen and listen well Eren," Levi spoke, "This is where your position will be in the formation, right next to Petra and (Y/n) in the back. Got it?" Levi pointed at the center of the map.

"Yessir!" Eren shouted.

"Understood, (Y/n)?" Levi asked as he crossed his arms. You nodded in response and immediately recalled what Levi told you about speaking to him in public but surprisingly, he didn't yell at you for answering informally.

"Good. I believe the rookies are here, we will be heading out as soon as they get their uniforms." Levi said. You saw the glow in Eren's eyes when he heard it and you both decided to go and meet them. You both walked through the crowd of Cadets when suddenly, you heard Eren shout.

"Mikasa, Armin!" He shouted and you saw a black-haired girl and a blonde boy turn around.

"Eren!" The black-haired girl shouted in response.

"It feels like it's been forever!" Eren exclaimed.

"Eren, did they do anything terrible to you?! Like causing your mental anguish or-... Who's that?" She suddenly stopped mid sentence and shot her gaze at you.

"Oh, That's (Y/n) (L/n). She's a member of Special Operations Squad I befriended." Eren smiled at her, "(Y/n), meet Mikasa and Armin - my two closest friends."

"Hi, nice to meet you!" You smiled at them.

"Nice to meet you too!" Armin shouted while Mikasa simply nodded and continued to question Eren about his health and well being. When other Cadets came up to Eren and began talking to him you thought it was best for you to excuse yourself and let them talk since you didn't know any of them, and so you did.

When you turned around you saw Levi motioning for you to come closer and when you were close enough, he grabbed your wrist and pulled you away where there was nobody else.

"What is going on between you and Yeager?" Levi whispered loudly.

"Wha..? Nothing, we're just friends."

"Is that so? Because after finding this I doubt that you are being honest with me." Levi pulled out a piece of paper.. and it looked like.. 'Eren's letter! Oh no!'

"Where did you get this??"

"I assume you must have dropped it while walking somewhere. Are you going to explain what this is?"

"Levi, it's not what you think! I found this in my room today but I didn't want to tell you because I know how you'd react! I don't like him in that sort of way..." You tried to explain everything in a hurry.

"I don't buy it, you two have been close ever since he joined our squad! Did you let him touch you or something?"

"What?! No Levi, I-I promise there was nothing-"

"Did you sleep with him as well?" Levi cut you off, and a few seconds later...

*Slap*

A red mark appeared on his cheek. You had just slapped Levi and you didn't care about the consequences, you were already whimpering and almost started crying when you yelled at him.

"How can you say that? I gave everything to you, because I love you! Do you really think I would want to hurt you like that? I'm done with your jealousy Levi, I'm DONE." You saw Levi's expression start to change and surprisingly not into one of anger or shock, but rather regret.

"(Y/n).. I-I... I'm so, so sorry.." Levi tried to speak but you were already leaving the scene, not wanting to deal with it anymore. Suddenly, you felt Levi's grip around your wrist.

"(Y/n), please..." He spoke quietly but you released your arm from his grip and went away. You didn't know where you were going but you certainty didn't want anyone to see you so you decided to go to the stables. On your way there, you saw Eren and some other Cadets heading somewhere. Eren noticed you on the spot.

"Hey (Y/n), are..you okay?" He asked. 'No more lies..' you thought.

I'm sorry Eren.. I found your letter this morning, but I didn't feel ready to confront you about it so I just took it with me.. And now Levi read it and.. I'm sorry I didn't tell you... I just.. didn't want to make things any worse.." You spoke in between sobs.

There was a moment of silence until Eren finally spoke.

"I understand. It's me who has to apologize to you." Eren said.

"Eren I-"

"Seriously, it's okay (Y/n). I'm just your faithful friend and now I understand, I'm sorry for making it hard for you! Listen, you should go and get some rest before the expedition, I don't want to lose you." Eren smiled as he wiped away your tears and hugged you.

"Thank you." You said as you let go of him and headed to the HQ. Once you got there you immediately noticed a strawberry-blonde haired girl, just sitting there by herself.

"Petra, is that you?" You asked but got no response. You walked closer to see that it really was Petra, curled up in a fetal position. She suddenly shot her head up and looked at you.

"What do you want?" She said angrily.

"Er.. Nothing really, I just came here to cry by myself to be honest." You said as you scratched the back of your head.

"Well I came here to cry by myself first, so go somewhere else."

"Umm.. okay? But well, since we're both here.. maybe you want to tell me what's wrong?"

"What do you mean 'what's wrong'? You know exactly what you did... And no, I don't want to talk about it." Petra said and pressed her forehead against her knees.

"Listen, I've been through a lot today and before you say anything, I know that you have too. I just want you to know that I wish you no harm, if this is about Levi, please know that I completely understand if you hate me now, but I don't think the same way about you! This whole thing is giving me a serious headache... Now if you excuse me, I'll go cry somewhere else." You said as you walked away. You didn't hear a response from Petra, not like you were expecting one, so you just left.