Chapter 5

"Do you think he can hear us?"

Scorpius's eyes fluttered open, and he was immediately blinded with bright lights. He groaned, alerting the two figures by his bed.

"Scorp? Scorpius? Can you hear me?" A female voice asked. When his vision cleared, he met the beautiful blue eyes of a very attractive red head.

"What happened?" Scorpius asked.

"You hit your head," the girl said.

"Right. And who are you?" He asked, pushing himself to sit up.

The girl grabbed his hand, pulling it to her lips. "I'm girlfriend, Rose."

"Ex-girlfriend," the other figure by his bed corrected in a Bulgarian accent.

"I'm so confused," Scorpius said, scratching his head.

"About what?" Rose asked.

"Are you my girlfriend or not?"

"I-I don't know." She looked up at the other person. "Can you leave us alone for a minute?"

The person nodded and walked out.

"Scorpius, I'm in love with you. But you hurt me. Several times. And it's hard for me to trust you. And now that you don't remember anything, it's worse because I know it's my fault."

"How is it your fault?" He asked.

"I kind of, maybe, threw you across the room..." She blushed. "Listen, I love you, but I don't want to hurt Aleks."

"Who's Aleks?"

"The guy that just left," she shrugged. "I think we should wait until you regain your memory for us to be together."

He nodded and pushed himself up. "When can I leave?"

"Tomorrow. And that's when I'll start helping you."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The next day, Scorpius was released from the hospital. He met Rose outside of the hospital wing. "How long was I out for?"

"About a week."

He nodded as Rose started telling him about his life. "So, you hated me?" He asked, raising a brow. "How come you love me now?"

"I only hated you at first because my father told me to. And then you started bullying me for some reason. But, I fell in love with you. I realized that it was only a facade. I noticed the look you'd get when you concentrated, the smile you'd get when you talked about something you loved, and that intense gaze you stated at me with."

He blushed. "I stared at you?"

"All the time."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

As the weeks passed, Scorpius started regaining his memory. But he didn't remember anything after his tenth birthday.

One day, Aleks burst into Scorpius and Rose's common room, a spell book in hand. "I've found the solution."

"Yeah?" Scorpius grinned. "Try it."

Aleks pointed his wand at Scorpius's head, muttering a spell under his breath. Instantly, Scorpius's mind filled with memories, flashes of his life. He grinned and jumped up to hug Aleks. "Thanks mate."

Rose walked up and kissed her boyfriend's cheek. "Thank you Aleks," she said, grabbing her hand. "Can I talk to you? Alone?"

Aleks nodded and followed her out.