Prologue

September 1st, 2017

Scorpius Malfoy stepped through the wall between platforms nine and ten, pushing his trunk in front of him. His eyes widened as he took in the sight of Platform Nine and Three Quarters. His older sister Annie had seen it three times before, but Scorpius had always been left home with the nanny. The scarlet steam engine gleamed with the reflections of lanterns and people. He looked around as Annie hurried off with her friends. His eyes landed on a girl his age with red hair and blue eyes hugging her mother. The girl turned to her father and laughed at something he said. Her laugh was beautiful. Scorpius' father raised his hand to wave at someone, and Scorpius turned, his eyes meeting the green ones of Harry Potter. When Scorpius turned back, his father turned to point at the red-haired girl's mother.

"That's Hermione Weasley. I was in love with her for a few years, but I didn't act on it. When she married Ron Weasley, I gave up. What I'm trying to say is never give up on something you've set your heart on." Draco Malfoy hugged his son before pushing him over to his mother. Astoria Malfoy hugged Scorpius and sent him off to the train.

As Scorpius looked for a compartment, he passed the compartment that the Red haired girl and her cousins were sitting in, and he smiled. He found the compartment that his friends were sitting in and sat down. He closed his eyes and drifted off to sleeping, dreaming of the red haired girl.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

"Scorpius Malfoy!" Scorpius stumbled forward and sat on the stool as the headmistress placed the old hat on his head. "Slytherin!"

He hurried over to the Slytherin table and sat down. He payed attention to the sorting closely so he could figure out the girl's name. Eventually, there were two people left, her and Jessica Zabini.

"Rose Weasley!" The girl hurried forward and smiled as she sat on the stool. "Gryffindor!"

Scorpius frowned as she hurried to sit by her cousin, Albus Potter, at the Gryffindor. Jessica Zabini was sorted into Slytherin and hurried over to sit by him, kissing him on the cheek.

Right, Scorpius thought, the betrothal.

~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.~.

December 12, 2023

"Kill yourself," Jessica said, smirking at The girl.

"Yeah, nobody could ever love you," Scorpius said, though it was a lie. He was already in love with her.

"Guys, stop," Tobias Walker said, putting a hand on Scorpius' shoulder and walking towards Rose. Tobias wrapped his arm around her shoulder. "She's my girlfriend, so shut your bloody mouths."

"Yeah, Malfoy, you're just a jackass, nobody could ever love you," Rose said, walking off with Tobias.

Later, Scorpius found Tobias and pushed him against the wall. "What the hell, Walker? You going soft?" But Scorpius wasn't angry about that. Tobias had started the girl Scorpius loved.

"Malfoy, she doesn't deserve what you guys do to her, so stop." Tobias pushed him off and walked away.

Scorpius rolled eyes and and punched the wall, going to meet Jessica in a broom closet.

______________________________________________________________

New fanfic, yes. I'm really excited to write this one.

Cover is temporary. I'm looking for someone to make one for me. So, please?

Jordan.