Twenty-Five: Creeped Out

Jimmy and I decided to try and start planning for the wedding some time next week, with the basics like setting a date. Because I remembered how much he was annoyed by the wedding planner Aubree had hired and he went along with, I told him that we would just do it ourselves with the help of the others. I'm sure Val, Grace, and Emma would be a major help since they were all married and we've helped each other before. This made him happy, and relieved. 

It'd been four days since we'd gotten engaged, making today Wednesday, and I was working today. Carly was back at work, and she showed me pictures on her phone of her new niece, named Brooklyn. There weren't many people coming in today, they were almost mostly coming in at the beginning of our shift. Now, it wouldn't be long before we'd go home, closing up shop for the night.  

"So, what about that mission Jimmy set you up on?" Carly asked as she sat back in her chair behind the desk, her feet up on the edge of her chair so that her knees were pulled up to her chest. I was on the other side of the desk, leaning up against it with my elbows resting on top of it.

"Oh, that's right. You're about the only one who doesn't know now." I said with a light tone, teasing her into it a little. I was a little surprised she hadn't spotted the ring on her own, but it might because she was so used to me wearing his skull ring that she didn't look. I now wore that ring on the other hand. 

"What don't I know?" She sat up straight, intrigued. 

"Oh, y'know..." I trailed off, playing with the engagement ring on my finger, waiting to see if she'd catch on. 

"No, obviously I don't know! Tell me!" Carly demanded. 

"I could tell you... I could also not tell you." I tried to keep a straight face as I continued to play with the ring. 

"Dammit, woman!! Just tell me!!" She grew impatient due to being so eager. 

"Alright, alright, calm down!" I laughed, and she waited for me to tell her what she didn't know. "So you really want to know?" 

"YES!!!" Her hands flew up into the air. 

"Jimmy and I are getting married." 

She just blinked back at me, her eyes wide, and then she started to smile. "Really!?" 

I smiled and nodded. "Really."

"You're not playing some sick prank on me that he has a part in because he's an asshole?" Carly asked, speaking quickly, excitement building. 

I laughed and said, "No, the ring's right here." I held up my hand and pointed to it. Like the girls, she screamed, jumping up from her chair and running around the side of the desk to hug me. 

"I better be fuckin' invited! I must see you two get married!" Carly insisted, and I laughed again.

"Don't worry, I'll make sure there's an invitation made out with your name on it when it comes time." I assured her, and she grinned. 

At this time, we heard the door open and shut, and when I looked over my shoulder, Jimmy stood there with a smile on his face, here to pick me up. Carly walked over to him, saying,

"I still hate you, but I really have to give you a hug." She wrapped her arms around his middle, catching him off guard. He looked at me questioningly, and I pointed to my ring again, and he made an 'Ohhhh' shape with his mouth, nodding as he understood. 

"Well it's nice knowing you still hate me." He joked, patting her back as he hugged her back. "I still hate you too, Carls." 

She let go of him and said, sounding more like herself again, "We never speak of this, got it?"