twenty two

Cherry woke up to the aroma of a charred smell. It took over her senses and fueled her to get up and walk to where the kitchen might be. Soon, she saw Harry struggling against a heap of burning pancakes.

She giggled and leaned upon the doorway, "Harry, do you need help?"

"Oh, Cherry, I, uh, I was just-"

"Here, let me help you," Cherry snickered.

Harry didn't argue, he was really struggling. He laughed to shake it off as Cherry attempted to clean the mess he made. 

"You don't have to cook for me, Harry. I was actually just about to leave," Cherry said. "My mom is probably freaking shit about me."

Harry chuckled a bit.

"What?" Cherry went pink.

"Nothing, it's just," Harry recollected. "It's just, last night, you were sleep talking about," Harry laughed harder.

"About what?" Cherry waited.

"About how your mom was going to spank you if you didn't eat your vegetables," Harry mocked.

"Okay, Harry. I'm going to go change now," Cherry spoke in an awkward manner.

"Come on, was that not funny?" Harry asked, still cracking up.

"No, because, one I don't sleep talk-"

"How would you know? You're asleep for Pete's sake!" Harry interrupted.

"Whatever. I'll be upstairs if you need me," Cherry walked up the stairs to stop midway. "And just eat cereal or something!"

Harry snorted and oddly listened to her advice. 

It took a good 5 minutes for Cherry to get ready as in, change into her casual clothes and brush her teeth. She moseyed her way to the living room, diving into the sofa as soon as she got the chance. Harry trotted along behind her. He sat on the love seat across from her.

"So, do you think that man targeted you?" Cherry asked.

"Uh," Harry scratched the back of his neck. "No, no- I really don't know, Cherry."

"Sorry."

"It's fine, it's just, I don't really know what to do. I mean, I have to go buy those same items and stuff, no biggie, but to be honest, I'm a little scared to walk the streets anymore. And that's the only way I get home from school," Harry sighed with obvious signs of fear.

Poor Harry, Cherry thought. Maybe I should buy him a new phone...

"Hey, why don't-"

Cherry was interrupted by the vibration of her cellphone. She slid her finger across the screen and held it up to her ear while she quietly told him to wait.

Cherry talked into the device, "Hello?"

Harry could tell it was her mother.

"Um, I just went to the store real quick," Cherry lied. "Yeah, I needed some Advil... Oh we did? Sorry, I didn't know... Yeah... Sure... I'll be home soon... Yes, mom... Okay... bye."

Harry laughed, "nagging mum?"

"What? Oh, yeah," Cherry uncomfortably smiled. "As I was saying, don't worry about that phone. I can get you a new one."

"Cherry, that's very sweet of you, but I can't have a girl pay for my recovery," Harry smirked.

"A girl, huh? And what's so bad about having a girl pay for your phone?" Cherry crossed her arms.

"It makes me look weak," Harry laughed.

Cherry kept her straight face but let out a giggle and threw a pillow at Harry.

"Well, I think I should get going," Cherry stood up. "I pretended I was at the grocery so..."

"Yeah, I heard," Harry said.

The atmosphere went quiet, and awkward. Cherry grabbed her keys and went for the door. Abruptly, Harry took her by the wrist and spun her. He examined her face with earnest, he gave her a smile. Then, the air got hot and tense, Harry kissed her. Harry kissed her like tomorrow wasn't an idea. The way their lips moved was like a perfect match. All the motion was in sync and he held onto her waist so tight. Cherry was surprised, of course, but she had felt this moment. Her arms were draped over the back of his neck. Harry attempted to slide his tongue into her mouth, but she slowly pull away.

"Harry," Cherry breathed.

"Yes?"

"I have to go, slobbery mouth," Cherry giggled as she wiped her lips.

"Oh, okay, fat lips," Harry smirked.

Cherry's mouth formed an "o" while she leisurely left his grasp.

"Well, what does this mean?" Cherry asked, slightly confused.

"Best friend kiss," Harry lazily smiled.

"Best friend? What are you, five?"

"Get out of my house, Fields," Harry pointed to the door.

Cherry strolled towards the vestibule and opened the door. She rested against the doorway.

"So, how am I supposed to text you?"

"You'll just have to find me," Harry chuckled.

"Oh, ha ha, so funny," Cherry rolled her eyes. "But seriously."

"Bye Cherry, irritating wife-y," Harry closed the door.

-

Hey guys.....

I know you are all pretty mad at me for not updating, and I understand how much you probably hate me...

But I still have one thing to address, and that is about how this book is written.

I know this book is a lot like futuoharry's, Texting, but I wrote this book based off my ideas, not her's. Don't get me wrong, her books are absolutely fantastic. But I'm really getting tired of all the references towards, not just her's, but anyone else's books. I wrote this book, so it's all based off my ideas.

Thank's for understanding, and I will do my best to update more often, since it's summertime. :)

- regine x