twenty one

"You're in luck kids. There were surveillance cameras around the building Harry was by," the police officer, Marian Poser, delightedly spoke. "Would you like me to show you the tape?"

"Yes," Harry and Cherry spoke in unison.

Officer Poser played the tape on the old, busted TV lying in her office. The video displayed Harry's fluffy curls walking along the sidewalk, late at night.

"Harry, what were you doing out late at night? I thought you rode home," Cherry said, bewildered.

Harry didn't respond for his eyes was glued to the screen. In the tape, a man, a little taller than Harry, wrapped his arm around Harry's throat, strangling him. Harry choked, dropping his bag. The man quickly grabbed Harry's belonging's as Harry became unconscious and fell right on the pavement. The man with a short ponytail, booked it, carrying Harry's belongings. 

"Don't worry, kid. We'll find out who this man is right away and bring him to justice," Officer Poser said.

"Thank you," Harry acknowledged.

Harry and Cherry were escorted out the police department, towards Cherry's car. She checked the time, 6:36 AM. 

They both slid in the vehicle. Cherry decided to break the ice, "so where were you?"

"I was picking up something's from the pharmacy."

"Okay," Cherry sighed.

"Look, I'm sorry I had to drag you into this, you were the only person I could reach out too."

"That's fine. So, do you want me to drop you off at home now?"

"Yeah, sure."

It was quiet for a while but Harry spoke a soft "thank you" before it became silent again. Cherry made it to Harry's house, still feeling a little suspicious from the odd occurring incident.

"Bye Harry, take care."

"You too, Cher," Harry walked slowly to his home and entering.

Cherry let out yet another sigh, because she was so tired and all she wanted to do was sleep. Before she started the ignition, she thought maybe staying over at Harry's would give her more time sleep, so she'd be well rested. She texted him first, seeing if it was alright.

Cherry Lovely Fields: hey harry, sorry to bother but im still outside your house.......... do you think i could sleep over? im too lazy to drive home :P

It hadn't said delivered, so she assumed his phone was off.

Then she realized it was stolen.

Being the slightly idiotic person she was, she laughed and got out of the car and walked towards his seemingly cozy home. She knocked on the door three times before she could hear footsteps behind the door. Harry appeared in a robe.

"Hey," Harry rubbed his eyes.

"Hey, um, do you think I could sleepover? I don't really feel like driving all the way back home," she chuckled.

"What about your mum?"

"I could just text her."

"Yeah, of course, you could stay. I'll just get the room ready," he said, stepping inside.

Cherry followed, "oh no, I don't mind sleeping on the couch."

"Hey, don't worry about it, I made you drive all this time just to get me out of trouble. It's the least I could do," Harry smiled.

"Okay, alright. But only one condition," Cherry said. Harry paid attention. "You have to stay with me, because it's your home and I just barged in."

Harry just shrugged, "fine by me."

He showed her the way to his bedroom, carelessly watching where he went. Cherry would laugh because he'd hazily run into walls from time to time.

It took a while before Harry got into bed, for Cherry was in her pajama's from the time she picked him up. Harry came back into the room from the bathroom, with only his boxers. Cherry blushed from the bed and pretended to be asleep. Harry slid beside her, turning off the light on the bedside. It was utter dark and silence impounded the room. Cherry let out a little sigh.