Chapter 10

James-  I still need to go Christmas shopping. 

"Harry, I am going to drop you off at Grimmald Place, there are a few things that I need to do." 

I drop him off and go to Diagon Alley and get Harry a few presents, to make up for the 14 years I had missed.  I decided to go to Godric's Hollow to visit Lily's grave and say Merry Christmas.  I get there and see a light on in the nursery, in my old house.  I send Albus a patronus, with a pop he's here.  I feel bad for disturbing him on Christmas Eve. 

"I brought some truth potion with me, he said, in case of a Death Eater.  I'll go first, he said, I will send a Patronus to you if you can come in.

Albus- I walk in like I did that one eventful night, wondering if we just accidently forgot to turn off the light. 

"I hear a soft female voice saying, Harry, James, where are you?  I walk into see Lily Potter standing at Harry's crib."  I send a patronus to James.

James-  I rush into the house and up the stairs to see a young women with wavy red hair and bloodshot bright green eyes.  When they saw me her eyes regained their old happy gleam. 

Oh, James, is that you? She whispers.  Albus? 

Yes, miss Lily, would you mind taking some truth potion? 

No, of course not. 

What is your name? 

Lily Marie Evans.

Your Husband? 

James Ignotus Potter. 

Your son?  Harry James Potter. 

What form does your patronus take?

A doe. 

Show it. 

Out of her wand comes a silvery doe. 

It's really you, I say.  I hold out my arms and she runs into them.

After that I give her the news that Harry is alive.  Can I see him, she asks.  Not yet, I say, tomorrow is Christmas. 

Would you like to surprise him? 

The look on her face says yes.