Chapter 3

"Hello, what's your name?" The lady behind the big desks asks when we walk into the building.
"Lucy." I say in a hardly audible voice.
"Are you here to start irish dance classes?" The lady asks. I don't even respond because I'm here against my own will.
"Yes, she is. Is this where I'm supposed to sign her up?" Mom asks.
"Yes. Just fill out this sheet. Then she can head on into Studio B, right down the hall." The lady hands mom a clipboard with a paper attached. Mom sits down in one of the chairs by the wall, and proceeds to fill out the paper.
"So how old are you, Lucy?" The lady asks.
"7." I mutter.
"Really?! My daughter, Mila, is 7 too! I'm Anne by the way, and I'm the head TC here at the Francis-O'Donnell Academy, or FDA."
"See! I told you that there would be tons of kids your age here!" Mom chimes in. Ok mom. I never said anything about not having kids my age here...
"Oh yeah! There's so many kids your age, and others who are either a year older or a year younger than you too! You'll make tons of new friends instantly." Anne says. What if I don't want any new friends? Who says I need new or more friends anyway? Who says I'm not happy with the friends I have now?!
My angry thoughts are interrupted by the sound of the door opening. In walks Chloe Ferguson, my 7 year old cousin. Chloe's got long, blonde hair and bright green eyes, and no we look nothing alike. I've got blonde hair, but it's more of a dirty blonde and I've got blue eyes. We also don't really like the same things since Chloe's more of a girly girl and is always talking about clothes and makeup and dresses and stuff.
"Hi Carol! Hi Chloe! How are you doing?" Mom asks.
"Good." Chloe says, but I can tell she's nervous as she looks around the waiting room. Then she spots me and walks over.
"Hey Lucy!" She says.
"Hi Chloe." I reply.
"Are you excited or what?" Chloe asks. Oh boy. I don't even wanna talk about why I'm here.
"No. I don't want to dance. Are you?" I ask.
"Kinda. Mom showed me a clip and it looks cool but really hard." She admits.
"Well maybe the point is to make it look hard when it's actually not." I suggest hopefully because I do not want to do any type of dancing that's hard.
Our conversation is interrupted by Anne saying, "Girls, I'll take you into Studio B where the beginners are warming up and stretching. Grab your stuff, and let's go!"
We wave goodbye to our moms and my mom says, "Have fun girls! Work hard!" I sigh. This is going to be a long hour and a half.