keeping the secret

Aerick woke up the next morning, it was another boring Sunday with grey skies showing that it was going to rain soon, but he didn't care about the rain he needed to get out and doe something, he went downstairs but no one was up so no one saw him leave. aerick went out to the field, it was early enough that no one was there so he took off if necklace and put it in his shirt pocket, his lower half changed and he took off into the field, it felt great to have that freedom again, feeling the wind in his face and through his hair, feeling his legs going faster and faster, aerick hadn't ran like this for a really long time and it felt great having no rules at all, just freedom as he ran through the field. aerick's phone started ringing and he stopped running to see who was calling, it was sawyer, aerick answered the phone with a slightly out of breath "hello?", sawyer wanted to know where aerick was so she could come see him, he told her to that he was out in the field and she said goodbye and hung up. 

When Sawyer showed up at the field aerick ran to greet her happily, "having fun?"Sawyer asked gesturing to aerick's horse half, "I needed to run" aerick said smiling, "you know there's a soccer game here today at 3:00 right?" Sawyer said gesturing to aerick's horse half again, aerick shook his head "no I did not but it's 2:00 we still have time, I could take you on a ride if you want" aerick offered, Sawyer thought about it for a second then agreed and got up onto aerick's back. "comfortable?" aerick asked looking back at sawyer, "yea im fine just don't let me fall off" sawyer said a little nervous, "do you really think that i would drop you?" aerick teased as he looked forward again and took off, sawyer grabbed onto aerick's waist so she wouldn't fall off when he ran faster. aerick ran slower at first but when he could tell that sawyer was comfortable on his back he started to run a little faster, he ran towards the peak knowing that the field was going to be too risky pretty soon with the soccer game that was starting in 20 minutes, "where are we going?" sawyer asked, "to the peak, its too risky here, i could be seen" aerick said pointing to the peak.

when they reached the peak aerick stopped to let sawyer off of his back, "so have you told anyone my secret?" aerick asked, sawyer shook her head "i wont tell anyone, because most people wont understand like i do, and even now i don't completely understand, all i know is that it doesn't matter what you look like, because its still you" sawyer turned to aerick and went towards him and he pulled her into a tight embrace, "thank you sawyer" aerick said smiling, he loosened his grip on sawyer and touched his forehead to hers affectionately, "i love you" sawyer said smiling.