sawyer's change

Sawyer stood on the front porch of aerick's house, it had started snowing lightly and the ground was sprinkled with small white flakes making everything look almost white. sawyer knocked on the door and waited for an answer, Africa answered the door a few seconds later, "oh sawyer, come in come in, aerick is upstairs in his room" she said cheerfully. sawyer went up the stairs to aerick's room and peeked in, she knocked on the door then pushed it open "knock knock" Sawyer smiled as she saw aerick sitting at his desk working on something, "who's there?" He asked not turning back to look. "your girlfriend" Sawyer said as she went over and hugged aerick from behind. "Hey I've missed you" aerick said as he stood up from his desk and gave Sawyer a small peck on the lips, Sawyer looked over at the desk that aerick had been sitting at and saw his necklace and a variety of tools and metal rings and hooks, "did you fix it?" She asked going over to look at it. Sawyer touched the necklace then suddenly there was a large flash of bright light, aerick shielded his eyes and turned away for a split second, when he looked back at Sawyer his jaw dropped.

"Aerick? What happened, tell me what's wrong! Why are you in your human form? And why do I feel so... OH MY GOD!" Sawyer panicked as she looked down at where her legs were supposed to be and saw the body of a horse instead, "what did that thing do to me!? What are we gonna do? How do I change back!?" Sawyer blurted out quickly, "Sawyer calm down its gonna be okay, we just need to figure out what happened and find out how to fix it, okay?" Aerick took Sawyer's hand and pulled her towards him then wrapped his arms around her, "it's gonna be okay, I promise" he said with a small sigh as he thought about how the hell they were going to fix this.

Aerick helped Sawyer down the stairs and lead her into the kitchen where Africa was making dinner, "oh, in was wondering when you two were going to come down here" Africa turned towards aerick and Sawyer "the casserole is in the oven and-" Africa just froze as she dropped the ceramic bowl she had been getting out to make the salad in, "mom let me explain" aerick said trying to calm his mother down so he could explain what had happened. Once Africa had stopped hyperventilating and freaking out aerick had her sit down at the table, "okay now that everyone is calmed down, what do we do to change Sawyer back?" Aerick asked gesturing to his girlfriend, "we first need to figure out what caused this then go from there" Africa suggested as she stood up from the table and examined sawyer. "it happened when i touched the necklace" sawyer said quietly as Africa circled her, "the necklace?" Africa's eyes lit up for a second "aerick go get your necklace" she said as she went over to a small bookshelf in the corner of the room, she grabbed a thick dark brown book that looked like it could easily be about a hundred years old and went back over to sawyer while they waited for aerick to come back downstairs. aerick came down a few minutes later holding the necklace, "okay now put it on" Africa told aerick, he put it on and they all expected him to change back to his centaur form but nothing happened, "why didn't i change?" aerick asked almost with a tone of panic is his voice. Africa flipped through the pages of the book she had retrieved from the small shelf until suddenly she stopped on a page and smiled, "it says here that this isn't an uncommon even to happen" Africa read aloud " a charm can only be connected to one person, but when the blessed chain that holds it breaks it also breaks the connection to the person wearing it, therefore when sawyer touched it after it had been fixed it reconnected with her causing her to change into a centaur and causing you aerick to become a human, and if we dont fix this within 3 days it will be permanent" Africa's smile suddenly faded "if this becomes permanent then you would become human" she looked at aerick sadly, "well then we wont let it become permanent" aerick smiled and gave his mother a hug then turned to sawyer, "until then we should get you used to getting around in this body" aerick said taking sawyers hand and leading her to and up the stairs to his room.

"okay put your right foot forward then your left one" aerick guided sawyer gently, "which one?" sawyer asked confused "the right one sawyer" "i know but which one, i have two you know" she gestured to her hind legs and sighed "oh right sorry" aerick smiled a little embarrassed "do you wanna take a break?" aerick smiled as sawyer eagerly nodded then helped her over to the bed. "comfortable?" aerick asked sitting beside sawyer on the large bed, "mm-hmm" sawyer nodded and looked out the window, it was getting dark and had started raining so she called her mom and told her that she would be spending the night at aerick's house since it was a Friday.

after a while sawyer fell asleep, aerick hadn't really looked at sawyer's new form, her hair had gotten a little longer and her horse half was a dark brown with light brown highlights here and there, sawyer didn't like how she looked this way but aerick being a centaur himself thought she was beautiful and wished she could stay like this forever, but aerick also liked her as a human and it did feel pretty nice when she rode on his back sometimes when they went for walks in the fields or hikes in the forest, his thoughts were interrupted when Africa came into the room. "dinners on the table hun, come eat she'll be fine"Africa said as she took aerick downstairs, dinner was quiet but there wasn't much to talk about anyways but the only thing on everyone's minds was how were they going to change sawyer and aerick back?