Chapter 5

Hakeem POV

Before the dinner with the fam I went to go pick up my boy Rakim who is also signed to Empire as a rapper. You might know himself as A$AP Rocky.

" Boy I know you happy to see Chrissy" I said teasing him.

" Man I'm over that crush. Plus she got a man" he said trying to convince me and but more himself that he doesn't have feelings for Christina anymore.

" No she don't. She moved out here with just her daughter."

" She got a daughter?"

"Yeah Lola she a little angel"

" Wow" he said in a shock tone.

" Yeah she signed to Empire now."

" Really! Who is her manager?"

"Mama"

"Cookie?"

" Yup she can't stand Anika "

Rakim bust out in laughing

Christina POV /At The Restaurant

"Chrissy" I heard someone call.

I turned around to see Hakeem and a boy with braids who looked really familiar.

"Hey Hakeem ,who this?" I said when I walked over to them.

" Hey, and remember Rakim ?"

I thought about it and then momentarily I remember Rakim. We used to call him Rocky and he was a childhood friend I had growing up in Philadelphia. I had stop talking to him in junior year because Kareem hated how close we were together.

"Rocky?"

"Yup" Rakim answers

"It's good to see you " I said hugging them

" Yeah long time no see"

We all sat at the table and ordered our food.

" So Chrissy have you decided yet?" Hakeem asked

"About what?"

"Staying in New York or going back to Philadelphia "

" Oh well since I with Empire it would make since to stay here but I have to ask Lola's dad" I lied only to see a flash of disappointment on Hakeem face.

I said that because I'm more afraid of whats going to happen if Kareem finds me here.

" Why do you have to ask?" Anika said including herself in the conversation.

Did she not understand that we were having a family discussion and she needed to stay out of it? Why can't she just sit there and be quiet like Andre wife.

" Because Lola is his as much as mine"

"Would you like me to fly him out?" Dad asked.

" Um no don't worry about I'll figure it out"

"Don't you think Lola will miss her dad?" Andre asked

" idk"

Tbh Lola probably would be happy if we never went back to Philadelphia. Her and Kareem never had a father and daughter bond at all not even when she was born.