Chapter Two

Embarrassed, I check to see if he is looking, he isn't, so I pull down my pants and pee so he doesn't suspect I was planning something. When I am finished, I walk to the sink and wash my hands.
Now what?

"Ok, now, grab a pillow and a blanket for yourself." He orders, and I obey.
"Let's go back down stairs." He suggests, after I grab the rest of the necessities. I take the pillow and blanket downstairs as he follows with my duffle bag. He sets it down on the kitchen table and gestures for me to do the same. When I do, he tells me to spread my arms and legs...

Surprisingly, he pats my ankle, and up my leg, Checking me. I realize that I have my phone in my bra because my pockets are too small. I highly doubt he would go that far, however he is holding a gun so I am nervous that he will find it.

As he reaches my higher thigh, he starts on the other leg, following the same pattern. Then, when he is through with that leg, he raises my jacket to reveal my pockets. He sticks his fingers inside the tight space, and finds nothing on either side.

He moves to my back, and does the same to my back pockets. I feel so vulnerable... But he doesn't miss a beat, and comes back to my front. He pats on my stomach up to my rib cage, stopping along the way to check my jacket pockets. He's getting closer to my phone... Oh no.

All of a sudden my phone starts to vibrate, of course. He looks shocked, and then pissed off, obviously mad that I didn't tell him where I had it.
"Pull it out!" He snaps.
I do as I am told, and look to see who it is. The screen reads 'Nick' and a spark of hope runs through my veins.

But that dwindles down as the kidnapper puts the gun to my head.
"Answer it, pretend you're tired, It's 11:30. Tell him you were asleep and you want to go to bed. Nothing else, got it?"
"Yes." I answer.

"Hello?" I say, trying to sound groggy.
"Hi, Iz? Um, I'm sure you've noticed I'm not home. I was just going out for a short time, but the storm picked up and I think I will be stuck at Elliot's. I'm sorry, I will be home tomorrow morning." He starts.
"Yeah it's ok, I'm all right here. And, Nick?" I ask. I don't know if this will be our last conversation, so I want to get this off my chest.
"Yeah, Iz?" He seems preoccupied.
"I'm sorry about earlier, I know you were just wanting to keep me safe, I wish you were here... I love you." I'm trying to sound different, we never say that because we are normally very playful and light hearted. Maybe he will know something's up..

"Hey, it's ok. I love you too Iz." He sounds confused at my apology, is it working?  "Make sure you get some sleep, I need to hit the store tomorrow, and I think you should come help with the errands" He says, forgetting my strange tone. Damn.

I stifle back my tears.
"Will do. Goodnight."
"Night, Iz." I hear laughing in the background, he must be having fun. That's right Nick, Please know I love you...

When he hangs up, I look at the stranger and he holds out his hand.
I give him my phone.
"I wasn't going to check any higher, but now I don't trust you." He says angrily.

When he is done, I realize I was closing my eyes, I open them and he has something in his hand. Duct tape and a blindfold.
"I don't want to have to sedate you. If I put this on you, will you struggle?" He asks accusingly.

Ignoring my instinct to kick and scream, I decide I don't want to be asleep. I want to know what is happening.
"I won't." I promise.

He gestures for me to turn around, and I obey.
He takes my hands, with  strange gentle touch, and starts to wrap them with the duct tape. He tells me to sit and not to move. I do as I am told, and he takes me things out into the rain. Please just leave. Please.

He is back, soaked, I can see his arm muscles through is drenched jacket. Judging from this, he must be strong. I wouldn't stand a chance against him, so I decide to just do as I am told for the time being. He bends down and wraps more tape around my ankles. I won't be able to walk, which is probably his way to assure I don't run away.

"Where are your shoes?" He asks, he doesn't seem mad, so I calm down a bit. Being nervous isn't going to help me right now.
"By the door on the rug." I say.
He finds them and points asking if they are the right ones and I nod, thankful that I have socks on right now.

Once again he bends down and gently puts my shoes on, tying the laces. When he is done, he flips up my hood over my head and picks me up, with the blindfold in his hands.

It is horrible outside, and with the short time it took to take me in the car, I'm soaked. It's too dark to know what car it is. I wonder if that's why he didn't blind fold me.

I spoke too soon, because he flips down my hood and slides the material over my eyes. At least it's not a convertible, I'm suddenly thankful for the warm car and cover from the storm.

He shuts the door and gets in on the other side. its then that I actually process what is happening.
I'm being kidnapped.