Chapter Thirty Four

Although I had a great time moving in last night, everything has to come to an end. I slept in the amazing bed with the fluffiest comforter that I have ever experienced. But I woke up to my new phone going off. I find this odd because I don't remember setting any alarms for this morning since I made it a plan to just sleep in late today.

I groan and lazily open an eye to try to find it. I feel my hand graze over it and look at the blindingly bright screen. It was an unknown caller, but I answered it any ways because I haven't imported any numbers and it may be someone important.

"Hello?" I ask rather groggily, my voice hoarse with sleep.

"Sorry, did I wake you?" I instantly snap open my half opened eyes at the sound of his menacing voice.

"How'd you get my number?" I growled. The more I here him the more I want to kill him. But, I know he has more leverage on the people that I love which could ruin someone in the snap of the fingers.

"Oh, come on babe, your brother loves me. Do you really think that getting your number would be too difficult?" He mocks. Hearing "Babe" come out of his mouth makes my stomach churn.

"What could you possibly want at this time of the day?" I ask, still pissed off. I start sitting up in bed, and slowly take my comforter off of my legs, letting the cold air cause them to get Goosebumps.

"I'm outside, waiting. Be out in fifteen. Don't keep me waiting." Before I could tell him no, he hangs up. I snicker at him, as if he would think I am actually going to go outside alone with him. There is no way, blackmail, or not.

For this reason, I decide to just enjoy the morning. I walk into the kitchen, and plug the coffee machine in to start warming it up. I put toast into the toaster and walk into the bathroom. My hair is a mess, so I throw it into a messy bun, not wanting to brush it. I look down at my still skinny body.

I need to gain some weight because the tank top I am wearing, which should be tight fitting as it is a small, hangs loosely from my shoulders. Since I am pretty cold, I leave the bathroom and scavenge around for a hoodie to wear. I finally found one and decided to change my shorts into some leggings, that again barely cling to my scrawny legs.

I walk back into the kitchen to see both the toast and the coffee ready. I make sure that I pull out the plate and the coffee cup from the cupboards quietly as to not wake up my brother. I sit down and enjoy the breakfast, which I realize is actually my first taste of real food in about a month. Relishing in the taste, I get startled as I hear a hard pounding on my door.

I realize that it must be Steve, pissed off that I didn't listen to him. I look at my phone that's resting on the counter and realize I have seven missed texts and one missed call from him. I roll my eyes, and open the door.

"Leave." I start to close the door and turn around, but he puts his boot in the door, and walks in, not thinking twice.

"I said fifteen minutes. It has been a half hour, and I told you not to make me wait." He tells me, obviously pissed off.

"Yeah, you woke me up at seven in the morning, and told me to meet you, alone, outside of my house. Sorry, but no." I say, and start to walk away from the table as I suddenly felt very claustrophobic from his close proximity.

He smirks, obviously realizing how uncomfortable I am and starts to slowly walk closer to me. instinctively, I start to take small steps backwards, trying to get away from him. I know I should be trying to stand my ground so I don't seem intimidated, but I really am. However, with another small step back, I trip over some tennis shoes that Nick so graciously left in the center of the floor. Of course, being as clumsy as I am, I start to fall. I stop as Steve reaches his hand out and grabs me under the arm to pull me back up.