N I N E

His home was dark, just like she expected it to be from looking at the dark wood that it was made of before entering.

It had a porch with no rocking chairs like you would expect from a big porch like Jaxson's. It had no small table with glasses of sweet tea and lemonade upon it, just dust and creaky wood.

The inside of his home was beautiful. There was black curtains covering each and every window, blocking out the sun like it was an enemy of his.

Night time soothed him. It was quiet, the world was quiet, and his mind was quiet. It was like a rest break from day time, for there was no more anxiety or anything to worry about. Just the moonlight and silence of the night.

Mattie admired his household steadily and slowly, making sure to capture every detail.

She noticed the way the bookshelf was filled with books with no covers and the room had no dining table or television.

Just a L shaped couch with a large brown furry rug on the floor in front of it. It looked soft to Mattie, she even went forward to place her fingertips upon it as Jaxson watched with a half smile.

They had earlier snuck out the doors at their school, the same doors that the kids who hated pep-rallies went through when there was one. To Mattie it was scary, and her mothers words to stay away from Jaxson replayed through her mind like an annoying song that refused to be forgotten.

However, she chose to ignore her mothers words and follow Jaxson. Perhaps it was because of the feeling of excitement she got when her hand touched his, perhaps it was because her once boring life, was slowly but surely building up to something more. To something better.

"You like music?" Mattie asked after stepping away from the rug and skimming her finger across Jaxson's radio that sat on his book shelf in between a few dusty storybooks about topics that Jaxson had forgotten.

"Some." He replied, walking closer to Mattie to see that she was pressing the power button before music began to play automatically.

Jaxson froze on spot at the familiar sound, it was a slow piano song. The same slow piano song that he remembered from his past.

"Let's change the song, Mattie." He choked on his words and swallowed the forming lump in his throat before pressing the eject button and taking the CD out from it.

He then slid a CD holder out from in between two thick black books and retrieved a new one. Mattie watched as he put it in the radio, and turned her attention to him as a soft voice sounded through the speakers.

"It's uh, Guns N' Roses." Jaxson said, forgetting where he had gotten the CD in the first place, but liking it anyhow.

"What's the song called?" Mattie asked, smiling as she listened to the slow sound.

"It's called Patience, I think." He replied, keeping his eyes on her hips and the way they swayed to the song.

Mattie noticed his staring with a smile, and walked closer to him afterwards before grabbing his large hands and placing them on her hips.

Jaxson raised a brow.

"Can you dance?" She asked him, and he simply laughed in reply.

"God no." His laugh was deep but nervous, and he tried to cover it up with a bite to his lip, an act that Mattie never believed.

"I can show you."

She stood on her tip-toes to reach his height and wrapped her arms around his neck, feeling his fast pulse against her skin.