Play With Me (II)

Kail's POV

I honestly don't think I have ever been so infuriated before in my life. How could anyone willingly hit their partner? I looked over at Oscio and my earlier rage flared again. He was so beautiful; why would anyone want to hurt him?

He was sat on my favorite arm chair by the window, simply staring out of it and at the crying sky. It had started raining not long after the...altercation...earlier. It was like the world was weeping for him. That was probably really cheesy and cliché, but it fit. I sighed and looked up at the ceiling from where I stood in the door way of the living room. I had been watching Oscio for the last ten minutes, trying to gather the courage to ask if he was hungry.

"Oscio," I began, but paused when I saw him flinch. I took a breath to calm my anger at that. He turned to look at me and I moved into the living room. "Are you hungry?"

He stared at me for what seemed like hours, but it was really only a few seconds, before he slowly nodded. The look in his eyes was one of someone plotting and planning, but it was hard to gauge how he was feeling. I told him to follow me and went went back into the kitchen, but as soon as we entered, I noticed his eyes darken and the anger that showed through was ... breathtaking. Unfortunately, they began to shine with tears, and I felt my heart break at the sight of it. I sat him down at the small table in the dining room just passed my kitchen and set to making something for us to eat.

After making some Nutella and cherry marmalade sandwiches with Pringles and pomegranate juice, I placed the food and drinks on the table and sat across from Oscio. His eyes brightened childishly when I told him what I made for us to eat and he graced me with a bright smile. The only one I have seen on his face.

"Thank you. I love pomegranates and cherries; they're my favorite fruits. I love Nutella, and have even made desserts using it. I don't get it often, though, since it can be pretty pricey." He explained with a small smile.

Oscio's POV

It was nice to have a distraction, but I knew it would only last for so long. I hate that this has happened. I have always told myself that I would never let this happen, and look at me now. I'm going to kill that son of a bitch. I took a deep breath and focused back on my food and Kail.

"So, I think you should call your parents and let them know that you will be staying here for a while." Kail said abruptly. I looked at him with wide eyes.

"What? Why would I stay here?" I asked dumbfounded.

"You know you can't go home looking like that; your parents will want to know what happened." I opened my mouth to say something, but was cut off. "And before you say that you can just stay in a motel, or hotel, I am telling you no. I said I would help you and I meant it. You will stay here." I blushed, because that was exactly what I was going to do until I was healed, stay in a hotel or something. I don't really have many friends, and the ones I do have are away at university or moved out of town.

"Okay, then. Thank you." I told him, not knowing what else to say.

"Now, on to other matters," he began. "David. Honestly, I want to kill him myself for marring such a pretty face with bruises and cuts, but I know you want in on the action, so I'll curb my temper." He winked at me as he was saying this and my blush came back with a vengeance. I tried to ignore it, but the compliment was nice; it made me feel just that little bit better. I can't remember a time after the two month mark of my relationship with David that I got a compliment. He used to shower me with them... I mentally shook my head. 'I don't need to be thinking about that,' I thought to myself.

There were more bad times than good; more arguments than not. I don't understand why I stayed. I could feel the tears prickling at my eyes again.

"Hey, hey, please don't cry. I'm not good with people who cry." I heard Kail say softly, and it made me chuckle quietly.

"Yay, another smile! I like those." He joked, and I giggled much to my embarrassment.

"Oh, god." I groaned, covering my face with my hands as I blushed once again.

"Come on, how about we call your parents now so they don't worry later?" He suggested. I parted my fingers to look at him and he gave me a barely there smile. I nodded and got up to look for my phone, which I had lost in the... scuffle... with David.

"Uh, have you seen my phone?" I asked as I looked around the kitchen. I turned around only to bump into Kail and flailed as I began to fall backwards. However, I never hit the floor. Kail had grabbed me by the waist to keep me from falling and now I was being held against his chest. Today was just not my day.

"No, it seems it's not." I heard Kail say. I looked up wide-eyed. Oh, my god. I said that out loud?

"Yes, yes you did." I felt, more than heard, him say with a laugh. I face palmed and kept my mouth shut as he let go and reached into his pocket. What came out of it? My phone.

"I was about to get it out for you, but you had already walked away from the table." I swear I'm going to die of mortification if I embarrass myself anymore today.

"I doubt anyone has died from embarrassment."

"Gah! Just give me my phone!"

"Nah, you should ask more nicely." He said and held my phone up over his head when I tried to reach for it. I admit, I gaped at him.

"That is so childish!" I yelled as I reached for my phone. I felt a laugh bubble up as we continued to fight over my phone; it felt nice.  I couldn't remember a time where I had felt so carefree as I did in my short time with Kaileb.

"Please? Can I please have my phone back?" I finally asked.

"But of course, good sir." He mocked as he handed me my phone with a smug smile. I rolled my eyes, but was smiling nonetheless. I liked how easy it was to be around him. But, I really did need to call my parents.

I took a deep breath as I unlocked my phone - I started keeping a password after I found David looking through it - and dialed my mom's number.

"Hello?" My mom answered.

"Hey, mum. I was just calling to let you know that I'll be staying with a friend for a couple weeks."

"Oh? Well, okay then. Have fun, and y'all be careful and safe, okay?"

"Of course. Love you bye."

"Love you bye." I hung up my phone and looked up at Kail.

"She said to be careful and safe."

"That's it? No other questions about why or who?" He asked in disbelief.

"Nope." I said, shaking my head and popping the 'p'.

"Um, okay then!" He said cheerfully, "Let's have some fun and plan some revenge, shall we?" I laughed and shook my head. He lead me back to the living room and lied down on the sofa, turning on his large flat screen. I took the comfy looking love-seat and looked at him expectantly.

"I thought we were going to plan revenge." I said with a little bit of amusement coloring my voice. He's so different from when David was here.

"We are. But first, Alexa, open Hulu." The fuck? Who is he talking to?

"Getting Hulu from Fire TV." I jumped as the voice came from the table next to my right.

"Ever watch American Horror Story? We can get a lot of ideas from that." He stated mischievously. I grinned at him.

"I think I love you." I laughed. He blushed and grinned back. 'This is just the start of a great friendship/partnership,' I thought as I got comfortable on the little couch. I smirked to my self.

                                 David, I'm coming for you. I hope you're ready to play.

TO BE CONTINUED...

------------------------------------

Hullo! I hope you guys liked it! I wanted it to be more upbeat than the first part; I came up with this. Anyway, more updates coming soon!

Vote&Comment!

Love You!

~ Angel Out! > w O