Loathe, Lust, Love

Third Person POV

Kairie stared at the wall parallel to him blankly as he tried to hold back his tears. He was frustrated, furious, and distraught. All he wanted to do was see Braeden, but he knew he couldn't. At least, not yet. He stood up from the chair he had been seated on while he was staring at the wall and walked out of the room he shared with four other boys. Kairie decided it was time to go to the cafeteria, feeling that he had avoided everyone long enough. But he couldn't get his emotions in check! As he entered the doors to the exceedingly large cafeteria, Kairie looked around for his little brother. They had both been through a lot over the past week and he wanted to see how Milo, his little brother, was doing.

"Kairie!" He heard from his left. Upon looking over, Kairie found that it was Milo. He pasted on a smile.

"Hey, I was just looking for you," he said. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. A little shaken up, but fine nonetheless." Milo replied softly. Kairie sighed in relief.

"Stay with Orion and Jayce. If you have to go somewhere, you take one - or both - of them with you, got it?" He instructured sternly. Milo nodded his head and turned to the table he had been standing near. Kairie watched as Milo sat with their friends, Orion and Jayce. Kairie walked out the cafeteria, unnoticed by anyone, and made his way to where he knew he would be able to sneak out. He needed to see Braeden.

He walked through the corridors and familiar hallways of his rather large boarding school, one which reminded him much of Harry Potter, and entered a very familiar abandoned classroom. He picked up a loose tile in the farthest back corner, behind the unused desks, and slipped through. He followed the memorized passage and entered the shabby home it led to. Pulling himself up, he walked out of the hole he was in and walked out the house. He followed a path left by Braeden that would take him to a motorcycle, one he would then use to get to the place he always met up with Braeden at.

When he got there, Kairie had to take a deep breath as the emotions from earlier that day began to come back. He hurried into the beautiful home that belonged to Braeden, one of the few servants greeting him before leaving to inform Braeden of Kairie's presence. A few minutes later, Braeden was seen at the bottom of the stairs that were in the entrance hall of Braeden's manor.

"Hello, my dear. Is something the matter?" Braeden greeted with a stoic expression. Kairie stared at him for a second before walking up to Braeden and wrapping his arms around him, burying his face into the taller man's chest.

"I don't know what is wrong with me. I feel like I'm going insane; I keep hearing and see things and my emotions are all over the place!" Kairie exclaimed.

"Well, when did it start happening?" Braeden asked cooly.

"I don't know," Kairie murmured. "Wait! It started happening after we raised the corpses. And it has only gotten worse since your brother attacked my family home!" Kairie had stepped away from Braeden as he spoke. The look on Braeden's face said that he knew it'd happen.

"You knew! You knew this would happen, didn't you?! Why didn't you say something?!" Kairie yelled as he grew furious. Braeden stayed calm as he answered.

"I thought that you already knew."

"And how, exactly, was I to know that it would have this kind of effect!" Kairie shouted, his anger spiking and his chest heaving. Braeden stepped closer to Kairie.

"You chose to participate in the necromantic ritual, Kairie. You raised the dead and spoke to them - willingly. You allowed this to get to you and your emotions to go haywire. You have no one to blame but yourself, Kairie." Braeden replied, a smirk playing at his lips.