Searchin'

"Do I have to?" I moaned, as Emily dragged me through the dismal streets of Liverpool. "It's late, and I have things to do, and-"

"It's only 10PM." She spat.

"And your point being?"

"Oh, come on Michelle!" She pleaded, tugging the sleeve of my jacket. "Live a little!"

We were standing outside of a scruffy looking, small club on Matthew Street, with the words 'Cavern Club' plastered on the peak of the entrance.

"Oh alright." I sighed, giving in.

"At least try to have a good time." She muttered with a smile, as we clattered further down the steep staircase into the club.

Inside of the club was pretty jammed. The place was overcrowded with people, making it extremely challenging to get around without having to squeeze through groups of people.

"Oh....erm...sorry. Oh! I'm sorry Sir. Excuse me please." I stuttered apologetically, whilst navigating my way to the bar with Em.

Once we'd finally made it, we dragged up two bar stools and ordered drinks.

"See!" She smiled. "It isn't that bad!"

"Are you kidding?" I jeered. "You should have seen the dirty looks I was getting whilst trying to swim through the ocean of people."

"You think we annoyed many people?" She laughed lightheartedly.

I shrugged. "Guess so."

"So?" She smiled, gesturing around the room. "What do you think?"

The 'Cavern Club' was really nothing special. Just like any other club in Liverpool, it was shabby, overcrowded, rowdy, and reeked of alcohol and cigarette smoke. The only good thing about it was the music, which was a young rock and roll group playing. Four boys all dressed up in leather, with their hair slicked back.

'You know I'll bring her in some day..' Sang the front man of the group.

"Who are they?" I asked curiously.

"Who?" Said Em.

"The band playing."

"Oh them?" She beamed, watching them play. "They're the local band here. Everybody comes down here to see them. Quite the popular act."

"Are they nice?" I asked.

"Why do you ask? Spotted one you like?" She teased.

"Oh shut up Em, obviously not. I was just curious."

"One margarita." Interrupted the waiter, placing the drink in front of Em. "And one Coke."

"Thank you." I said to the waiter, giving him a sweet smile as he left. I stirred my coke for a while, watching the ice cubes melt, becoming weary of my surroundings.

"Do you think they've put anything in this?" I asked Em.

"Like what?" She gasped.

"You know..." I said, widening my eyes. "Something to give it a little kick."

"Oh Michelle, don't be so paranoid." She laughed. "You're so silly sometimes, you know that?"

I chuckled awkwardly, still not entirely comfortable with how legitimate my drink was.

"But seriously Em, tell me their names at least?" I said, changing the subject.

She smiled, pleased by my curiosity and willingness to sociability. "Well the one at the front, with the curly hair is John."