Chapter 2

AN: Hi guys! Hope you like the intro part of my new story. As you noticed, I am very new to this kind of thing so I hope you'll give me a lot of your patience. I promise I will do my best though I can't promise that it will be enough. I have a lot in mind for my story but I'm taking it slowly so that I won't regret in piling words which will just bore you to death. So guys, I hope you are willing to give me a chance and put some of your comments as I go on with my story.

This chapter is for Girl_With_Umbrella for her inspiring work "Dear Diary". I used to be like any other girls who owned a book with a lock and key. Update please I'm waiting... Mwaaahhh
*************~_~****************

"Miss Katie, the board is ready for you." Abba spoke from behind me. I was enjoying New York City 26th floor below from where I hold my office as the new President of Chantelli Group of Hotels. It's a bright day today, so bright since it's also my Dad's birthday.

He's on a trip with my mom in Paris which served as his gift to my mom for their 30th wedding anniversary and was scheduled to be back today. I planned to welcome them with a surprise birthday party here in the hotel's biggest ballroom.

"How's the party for tonight Abba?" I asked her to help me and Callie prepare for it. "Everything's set Miss. Miss Callie dropped your gown this morning while you're on your meeting with the new investors."

"Thank you Abba. Be sure the dress don't have laces." I saunter to my office's door to join the board of directors in the board room. She's tailing me and walked past me to open the door of the boardroom for me. I look at her with a smile "Abba you forgot again." She smiled timidly and I enter the room as I greeted the board sitting on their chairs. I don't grow up with an extra hand especially with opening doors since I live normally at home that's why I don't let my employees waste their time just to open doors for me unless I am not capable of doing it myself.

The meeting went well. Informative reports and spontaneous discussion was shared and laughter in the end. Before, I find meetings boring since most of the boards were my father's age and serious ways of sharing ideas were always the way it used to be. But when some of the board appointed their proxies which happened to be one of their own sons or daughters, the meetings were much lighter now. At least I am not the only woman in the meetings now aside from Callie who was his father's proxy and Jensen as appointed by her mother, Señora Angelli Perantes. That made us the three pretty musketeers of the boardroom.

"So, till next time ladies and gentlemen. This meeting is adjourned." I announce to end the session. The board started to get up from their seats and leave the room one by one. Jensen gave me a peek on the cheek before she left. I was left exhausted with Abba and Callie.

"Ready for tonight?" I heard Callie as I rested my back on my chair. "Yeah, I guess so. How many guests are we expecting?" I closed my eyes and massage my temple. It's been aching since morning with the series of meetings I have.

"Two hundred invites were sent out but we have about a hundred and fifty RSVP received since the party was such a short notice." she's checking her phone as if waiting for someone to call or send her a text.

"Waiting for someone?" I noticed her moves. "Yeah! I asked Jim to pick me up."

"Going somewhere before the party?" Abba offered to do the massage to help me relax and I did not decline. It's one of her talents that I can't resist. "Nope. Just dropping by somewhere on the way home. So, see you tonight?" As she give me a peek on both cheeks since I can't move due to Abba's hands on my head.

"Yeah, see you later... and thank you for the dress. I heard it doesn't have laces." I smiled as I uttered the words. "Of course, I don't want an excuse from you not to wear it. I gotta go. Abba the floor is yours tonight. Bye bestie." And she's off the door.

"Abba? Are you sure the dress is good?"

"Yes Miss. It will pair you greatly." That was Abba's last words before I gone into a deep slumber.

~*~*~*~*~*~

"You fooled me! After everything Katie? How could you do that to me?" His eyes were full of anger, he uttered words I can't imagine coming from him and his gaze speaks of so much hatred.

"Let me explain. I didn't mean to put you into that situation." I started with a trembling voice. Tears will escape from my eyes any moment. My hands were shaking and my legs will give in any moment if I failed to hold on something for support.

"And you want me to believe that? I thought you were different. I thought you mean everything you said. But you just fooled me. I don't want to see you ever again." And he left me with all the hatred his eyes could ever show.

Tears racing down my cheeks as I call out his name to stop even a second to hear me out but he did not look back until he's out of my sight leaving me with all the regrets I can feel.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"Miss Katie! Miss Katie!" It was Abba who saved me from the agony that trapped me in that empty room of darkness. I dreamed of him again. "You're crying while you sleep." I can feel the wetness in my cheeks and I wipe it away.

"I'm sorry Abba. Just a bad dream. Let's go." I stood up and walk out of the boardroom and saunter to my office. She went back to her table and was busy checking her emails and doing phone calls. I check myself in the comfort room's mirror inside my office. I can see the emptiness in my eyes again with just a thought of him. Why is he haunting me again? Why did I dreamed of him again with all those anger and hatred in his eyes. I can remember it clearly and I don't need a reminder of it.

"I can't let you disturb me again. It's been six years now and you probably had moved on. I hope you did, coz the more I can't forgive myself if you turned out to be like me, empty and lifeless because of that mistake." I let a deep sigh came out and I return to my table. I let myself engrossed with some reports to forget about him. I busied myself in the next couple of hours.

~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~_~