Chapter 8

Dedicated to all Glimpsers!!!
Thanks for being so supportive to GLIMPSE.

                  *****★****★****★*****

The night was cold and the sky was decorated with all the bright stars in heaven. I am light hearted as we travel the city leading to the Perantes mansion.

"Ken called me before we left the hotel." Gus broke the silence

"How is he? Is he coming to the party? I ask Gus still looking outside the window of the car.

"Yes he'll be there. He'll meet you there K." His answer gave me joy knowing that I will see Ken and my parents with grandpa too.

"That's great. I'm happy to know that."

After a few minutes of driving, Gus made a smooth left turn towards a well lighted private road. A grand mansion stands tall and proud at the end of it. Gus drove slowly following the car ahead of us.

"This is a big party Gus." My remarks as I observe cars moving slowly ahead of us. There are more of it tailing us and with the looks of it, it carries wealthy people.

Gus made our entrance at the grandeur of the property where flashes of camera added to the lights of the place. He stopped the SUV and assist me in going out of the car. I wear my smile as flashes blinded me momentarily. The society page will be full of Perantes faces tomorrow, a very well respected family holding a homecoming party for a long lost son.

A guard signalled Gus to park at the right side of the property where lots of cars were already lined up and parked neatly.

I started to take the red carpet towards the entrance of the Perantes Mansion when I heard someone called my name.

I saw Callie in her red gown. She's beautiful as ever.

"You're fabulous!" Her remarks when she stand beside me with Jim on her side.

"You look beautiful as ever bestie and you have a dashing escort." My compliment made them smile.

I'm happy that Callie meet Jim and the relationship lasted for almost six months now.

She never had a relationship longer than what she had with Thomas. It may be the pain that stopped her from trusting a man again. They've been very much in love with each other. An ideal couple was what they portrayed for the longest time they've been together but in a blink of an eye, Callie caught Thomas on the act of having an affair with his childhood friend Megan.

It was the most painful experience for Callie that made him swear not to trust her heart to any man again. She started dating again after three long years but relationships did not last for long.

The longest she had after Thomas was four months and it takes a lot of effort to last that long. Jim was lucky to surpass her tantrums and insecurities.

"Let's go?" Jim lead the way inside. He let me go first as they followed me inside the big hall.

The party just started and the hall of the mansion was full of guests with party attendants roaming around serving the food, drinks and sweets.

I scan the tables for my parents and grandad and saw them on the third table from the right side if the hall with Callie's parents.

I lead Callie and Jim towards their table and joined the old folks.

"You're beautiful sweetheart!" My father complimented when I gave him a hug after mom and grandpa.

"You're handsome Dad and looked young in your tuxedo." I returned the favor which made him smile. Same as the others sitting on the table.