Chapter 3

This part is dedicated to Aphrodite_NJ for surprising me with flood votes.
        **★**★**★**★**

The clock says six o'clock in the evening and any minute my parents will be here soon. I asked them to drop by the hotel so that we can have dinner together not telling them even the slightest idea of what awaits them here. I just told them to be in their best attire coz I'm treating them out.

The guest started to fill the ballroom and I'm a bit tense in my dress. Yes it's really simple and of course without any annoying laces as requested but it lays open until my mid-back. The sleeves were thin and the velvet blue fabric flows down my body till mid thighs. The silhouette were studied with diamonds giving it's weight to the fabric making it sway elegantly as I move. I just keep my hair in a messy bun and put a little shade of make up.

"Miss Katie!" I heard Abba's voice from the Bluetooth device on my right ear. I had it on for us to communicate since she'll be the one to give me signal and to lead my parents to the ballroom while I took the entrance to surprise them both. "Yes Abba?" I heard her said they're coming.

I signaled all the guests that my parents were coming. They all pay attention to the door. When I saw the door open I give out my 200% smile to the two most important people in my life. "Katarina?" My dad's voice is full of surprise. My mom was smiling beside him.

"Happy birthday Daddy. Welcome back." I greeted him as I walk to them and wrap him with a tight hug.

"Sweetie! What's the meaning of this?" I can see the surprise and delight in my father's eyes while my mother hugged and kissed me. "You did a great act darling" she whispered in my ear.

"Dad, it's your party. I can't let this day pass without this little party for you and of course I missed you and Mom. Do you like it?" I was delighted to see them both happy about what I did.

"It's beautiful sweetheart. Thank you for all of this." He said with his big smile. "We're really not getting any younger honey. I think it's time to have another child at home to play with." he whispered to my Mom which surprised me. My mom eyed me with a smile which I ignore to let go of the topic. They knew I have no love interest as of this time aside from work.

I felt relieved when some of the board greeted my father which made him busy for a moment while mom was dragged by Señora Perantes to join them in their table.

I look for Callie in the crowd and found him at the bar with her white wine in hand. "Hey, it's too early for that." I told her when I settled on a seat beside her.

"Nothing's early when it comes to wine bestie. So how's the surprise going?" She asked. "It was perfect and thanks to you and Abba. We did it." I told her with a shy smile.

"And why is that smile so sad that I can sense something's not going perfectly like you just said?" She asked eyeing me with scrutiny. "Nothing. I'm just kinda tired. Had a long day." I lied hoping she'll not dig it deeper.

"Come on tell me. I'm listening. What's wrong?" as she put down her glass on the bar and grab my hand. I look at her like pleading for help in way she can. "I-i dreamed of him again." I uttered the words like I ran out of air in my lungs. I suppressed the tears to fall from my eyes.

"You dreamed of him again? But why is that? It's been six years, you should have forget him bestie." All her words were like sword stuck in my heart realizing that she's right. I should have forgotten him but I know my heart can't. I let go of the tears and cried my heart out as I hold on to her tightly. She's supported me and led me to the ladies room where I tried to let everything out.

"Everything will be fine bestie. Maybe you we're just too stressed to have that bad dream again. Just let it go." Callie tried to convince me though she knows I can't be convinced by just saying those words.

"What if he still hates me until now? What if I dreamed of him because he still remembers everything I did to him? He has the right to be angry at me."

"Hey, it's not your fault. We didn't mean everything to happen especially to hurt him. Who would have expect that he will fall..."

"Stop it. I don't want to remember that." I stopped her with all her reminders. "I'm sorry. I just want to tell you that it's not your fault if his life is miserable right now or whatever. You tried to explain everything to him but he choose not to listen."

"I know that but still I'm guilty of what happened to him. I am to blame for his misery. I hurt him so much that it made me miserable right now after six long years." she hugged me as she comfort my back. "Sssshhh! it's alright. He will come to understand everything that has happened before and he will forgive you bestie. Stop blaming yourself and stop punishing your self because we both know you are a good person and you didn't mean everything to happen."

"God knows I'm trying to convince myself to believe that but my heart don't and it's killing me." I know she understand what I was feeling as she hugged me tight and it gave me a little relief. "Come on. Let's fix yourself. Remember that we still have a party bestie. Your father must be wondering where are you. Let's talk about this some other time. Okay?"

I just nodded and just followed what Callie was saying. After a retouch, she led me out of the ladies room straight to the bar where we settled back ourselves to watch the party going.

I ordered a white wine to drown myself from all the agony I am feeling. Callie never left my side as I drunk my wine and ordered another glass. I know she's worried to death as she looked at me but I can't tell her I'm fine coz I'm not.

"Sweetheart!" The voice of my father made me release my glass as I sit up straight to face my Dad.

" Dad?" I prayed he'll not noticed that I did some crying though I know he's good at checking on me.

"What's wrong? Are you crying?" He asked as he held my face with both his hands. I hugged him as I controlled myself not to cry. "Of course not Dad. Something just got into my eyes while we're in the ladies room. No worries." I lied to death though I wanna break down and cry in the arms of my beloved father.

"Are you alright now? You should have that checked early tomorrow." He said which almost made me laugh. I smiled and release him from my embrace.

"I will Dad, don't worry. Are you enjoying your party? I hope you and Mom did." I brought out my best smile to shield what I really feel inside.

"You're mom's enjoying her friend's company. Well, I enjoy what you prepared especially a bunch of those guys there." As he pointed his friends on the front table. "Thank you sweetheart. You never failed to make us happy."

" It's my turn Dad. There's a lot coming."

" You know you don't have to. I'm happy seeing you happy and I know you're mother too."

I know he's true to his words. They never asked something from me in return of everything they have given to me as their daughter. They never asked me a favor despite the absence of my brother. I never heard them literally say that I should take the responsibility to run the company.

My father took charge of everything until I decided to do my part as their daughter.

"Compadre!" 

My world stop. That voice sends goosebumps on my whole being. No! It can't be!

************************************************************************************

Who could be that man? Why is Katarina's world stopped spinning hearing that voice?

Find out more guys!