Chapter 5

A/N: I'm having a hard time over the past weeks with my daughter's health condition. Well, she's feeling better and I'm back on track.

Enjoy reading guys!

(*~*) (*~*) (*~*)

I can feel the warm sun from the window of my car. I felt more relaxed and free after a run with Gus plus it's my independence day. Gus allow me to drive myself to work every Thursday.

"You can have the car by yourself after a run but I'm still watching you so you better behave or else you'll be off limits to the steering wheel as long as you have me around. Deal?" I smiled as I recalled Gus words. He's really strict and tough but he always have a soft heart when you need it.

It's good to have the wheel again as I drive smoothly to one of our owned hotel where I hold my office at the 20th floor. I should be there early since today is the schedule for the investors to get to see all our hotels and a meeting after about its performance last year.

I don't feel nervous at times like this coz I know that I have a couple of good people in my team who does their work with efficiency. I always have high expectations from them which they showed over the past years since my Dad's management. They never failed to give me what I want to be done.

I was in Barclay St. and I smiled as I saw the 30-storey hotel standing tall and proud. One of the building that shows the hard work that my father and his father had done in building and running this business.

Chantelli Group of Hotels has 6 hotels in different cities which I studied to manage in the past six years. It was never easy to be a Chantelli especially being responsible for managing the company instead of pursuing my passion in writing.

I have a lot of "what ifs" since I decided to join the company and much more came up when it was passed to me. What if I was given the chance to pursue my dream? What if my brother is around to run the company, am I like other women of my age having night life and enjoying throwing and attending parties? But those are all just "what ifs" and I don't know the answer of those till now.

I let out a sigh as I made a smooth right turn towards the entrance of Hotel Zeus. I spotted the valet on duty who immediately positioned himself to assist me. He opened the door of my car a soon as I parked in front of the main entrance of the building. I give him a nod as a signal that he can take over my car for proper parking on my reserved spot.

I saw Gus on the other side of the rolling door waiting for me.

"Good morning K. Breakfast is ready for you and the investors." He greeted me with a serious face as he took my bag and walk with me to the elevator.

"Good morning Gus. Had coffee already?" I ask him which he replied with a nod. "That's great." I uttered with a smile and get inside the lift.

I stayed calm and felt excited cause this day will mark new business opportunities and even expansion. I've been running the business for the last four years and I have gained enough knowledge and courage to handle it myself. My strong will and determination to learn helps me a lot and of course, my goal to let my father enjoy his life with my mom not stressing himself about the company.

The ping of the lift which signaled our arrival on the 30th floor of the building which hold my suit awaken me from my recollection. Gus walks by my side as soon as the lift opened and I saw Abba checking her planner. She smiled when she saw me and greeted me a good morning.

"Everything's settled Miss. The investors are inside." Her opening remarks.

"Thank you Abba. Please tell Cedric to prepare. We're leaving for Athena in twenty minutes after breakfast."