Chapter 9

Kitty Elvira:

Once Nathaniel got over his initial shock, he literally dropped me onto the ground so hard, I swear I could already feel the bruising on my ass.

I groaned in pain, too sore to even cuss him out. Rolling over, I just lay on the ground sniffling like a dog instead.

"You!" He pointed his finger at me accusingly, "Don't do that again!"

Despite still feeling like shit, I managed to let out a strangled laugh.

"Now I'll do it again and again. . . and again." My mouth tugged into a taunting smirk. "As a matter of fact, I'll make sure to kiss you every day just to piss you off."

I might as well push him a little bit further since I was still thoroughly enjoying myself. "I may even throw in a hug or two here and there."

He ground his teeth together, a muscle in his jaw working as a twisted sense of satisfaction rolled through me. Even though the pain in my throat was worse whenever I even so much as opened my mouth, I didn't regret stirring him up.

His reactions were not only extremely satisfying but so fucking entertaining.

No pain, no gain.

He closed his eyes for a few moments as if trying to calm himself. "Don't."

"Why not? We're getting married anyway." I taunted innocently. "Unless you want me to kiss someone else. . ."

His whole body immediately stiffened as those steel eyes narrowed on me. "You wouldn't."

"Try me, honey."

He didn't want me kissing anyone else and he definitely didn't want me kissing him. I don't think I'd ever win with this man.

He tipped his head back and let out a deep breath while I bathed in my short-lived triumph. A moment later his face was back to being the perfect picture of apathetic. "Get up, we're leaving."

I closed my eyes and ignored him. He was going to make my headache worse with his nonsense, "Then leave."

He crouched down as if he was about to pick me up but hesitated.

"Don't touch me or I'll kiss you again." I croaked, covering my eyes with my arm. "I swear I'll do it, Nathaniel."

This time instead of carrying me in his arms, he lifted me onto his back so that I was piggybacking him instead.

I let out a dry laugh as he fastened my arms around his neck. "You think you're so smart, don't you?"

"I think we're late and we don't need any more. . . distractions." He bit out coolly.

"I think you're scared I'll kiss you again." I taunted into his ear. "Scaredy cat."

"Hardly." He picked up my bag and my phone from the bedside table before walking out of the hotel room and down the hallway.

"You think I can't distract you from back here?"

Once again, he ignored me and pressed the button for the elevator. I took his silence as his confidence in thinking I couldn't.

A tiny smirk tugged at my mouth and I leaned towards him, licking his cheek. His head whipped to the side so fast, it was a miracle our foreheads didn't collide.

"What the—"

Before he could say anymore, I sealed my mouth over his, catching him completely by surprise.

However, when his shock wore off, I felt him kiss me back. I couldn't help the smug smile that took over my face when he reached back and pulled me closer.