Chapter 25

Nathaniel Marcellino:

"She's downstairs with Sam. . ." Isaac trailed off amusedly with a knowing smirk before clarifying slyly, "Your wife, that is. Thought I'd tell you since you haven't stopped searching the crowd for the last 30 minutes."

"I didn't think she was going to show up tonight." Roman piped up from the corner, his mouth curving into a small grin. "I thought we'd be seeing you sulk the whole weekend but all we saw was you not being able to keep your hands to yourself."

Nathaniel ignored them both as his eyes skimmed through the crowd of bodies on the dance floor. Ever since the four of them had been left sitting in their section alone, their main topic of discussion had been his wife and her first appearance after two months.

"I was beginning to think you were embarrassed of our family." Isaac huffed out a laugh, stroking his beard leisurely as he glanced at him sideways.

Everyone had been skeptical when he had first announced he was getting married until the media reported that their wedding had been canceled. His family was convinced his relationship had failed until he told them he had eloped.

He had been planning to introduce Kitty to his father's side once he had gotten back from New York, however, his wife left the country before he could do anything.

"I didn't expect her to look better than her photos." Eli drawled out, secretly studying Nathaniel's reaction before a grin tugged at the corners of his mouth. "Fuck, the things I'd do to her if she was my wife. . ."

Nathaniel's entire body stiffened, his hand clenching around the glass in his hands as his sharp gaze landed on Eli. He knew the little prick was just trying to get a reaction from him but he couldn't curb his sudden urge to throw the glass at his head.

"Wow, look at this possessive bastard. Two months of sexual frustration isn't a good look, bud." Eli blew out a rough breath, scratching the back of his head before he held up his hands apologetically. "I'm kidding, Nathan."

"Tell us how you thought a married man would react after implying the different ways you'd fuck his wife?" Isaac asked dryly as he reached into his jacket and pulled out a cigar.

Eli shot him a pointed look. "In my defense, I did say if she was my wife, not Nate's. . . And all I meant was that she was beautiful. Alright?"

Nathaniel tensed once more, feeling his irritation begin to rise. If he kept holding onto the glass any longer, it was going to slip out of his hand and towards someone's head.

His wife's appearance was something he knew all too well. She was beautiful. So much so that no matter where she was or what she did people blatantly stared and it was vexing that there was nothing he could do about it. It had been a hard pill to swallow but he had accepted it.

Barely.

Dino who had been silently observing them the whole time, his eyes barely visible underneath the long curly hair as he blew out a cloud of smoke. "It'd be best if you two stopped talking."

"My bad, bro." Isaac muttered, casting Nathaniel an unapologetic glance as put his empty glass on the table and started patting his pockets. "Who's got my lighter?"

Nathaniel shook his head and turned his attention back to the crowd of people on the dance floor. Every time white clothing passed his sight, the image of his wife in her long boots flashed through his mind and sent blood rushing down to the lower half of his body.

"Those damn boots." He murmured, feeling the heat creep through him.

He let out a frustrated sigh as he stood up and walked out to find the one who was occupying his thoughts.