Chapter 23

Kitty Marcellino:

My nerves started to set in as one of the bouncers guided me towards the VIP entrance.

Sam's email had specific details and instructions for guests who were attending Nathaniel's birthday weekend and one of the things was using the back entrance.

Since the bouncer at the door had just let me through without any issue, I assumed Sam hadn't taken my name off the list.

My fingers subconsciously gripped the two envelopes in my hand as we made our way down the long hallway. Sam's nightclub was dark, almost pitch black if it weren't for the hue backlight that glowed all around the halls.

The music was pumping through the black leather cushioned walls sending shock vibrations through the ground. The bouncer stopped at the end of the hall, glanced at me briefly over his shoulder before pointing at each side, "Going left takes you to the VIP section and on the right is the elevator up to the VVIP section. There's stairs too."

I popped my head out, glancing in both directions before looking up at him, "Which one is Sam on?"

He jutted his thumb to the right and waited for me to pick which way I wanted to go while I stood there contemplating.

After deciding to take a peek at the VIP section before going up to the VVIP section, the bouncer made sure I was set before leaving me on my own.

The smell of sweat and heat washed over me as soon as I stepped through the doors. The VIP section was high enough that we were on the same level as the DJ booth yet still low enough that anyone could jump down a few steps and be on the dance floor.

There were 3 bouncers standing guard at the front of the section, blocking people that were on the dance floor from coming up.

I glanced around the section that had maybe about 15 people—give or take—all sitting around drinking, dancing, and one table in the corner that was dancing on the chairs with remnants of suspicious looking white powder on the table.

My nose crinkled in distaste as I quickly glanced away. The black leather seats had been embroidered with the letter S in fancy writing and had a hue light shining from the bottom that reflected onto the metallic tables in front of it and made it glow.

Everyone on the dance floor was hyped and bursting with adrenaline under the flashing strobed lights as they faced the DJ, shouting and cheering as they jumped. It was hard not to bob your head to the music. Honestly, the energetic vibe from the dance floor was contagious, and just looking at the crowd made me want to join them.

My eyes flickered to the balcony at the top of the club and immediately noticed Sam leaning against it, his arms wrapped around a pretty brunette girl as they made out right in full view.

I tried skimming the crowd trying to look for Nathaniel's familiar figure but to no avail. It was too dark to see anyone that wasn't standing right at the edge of the balcony but with the way the crowd kept moving around and I still couldn't find him, I was starting to think he wasn't even in the building.

Honestly, I was also looking out for Kallie too because I was so sure she'd show up somewhere but so far I hadn't spot either of them.

My eyes skimmed the crowd one last time before I walked out of there to head upstairs. A few more people were coming down the stairs, one of them so drunk, he could barely stand up straight as both friends had each arm around their shoulder, trying to hold him upright.

They shot me an apologetic look and thanked me when I made room to let them pass.

The hallway for the VVIP section was like a big maze and I had no idea where I was going. There so many private rooms and so many doors that I just followed the hallway until I reached another pair of bouncers standing in front of two doors.