Something Borrowed

I'm so sorry it's been really long since I updated - I've been super busy but fear not! Plenty more chapters to come! SallySparrow123 x
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rose had only closed her eyes for what felt like a moment but could tell even before she had opened them that it was already morning. She could feel something brush across her cheek a few times and she opened her eyes sleepily to see Scorpius. He rubbed his thumb against her cheek lightly before kissing her forehead.

"Morning." he whispered, trying not to wake anyone else in the room. Rose smiled broadly.

"Scorp! What are you doing here?" she asked as she sat up in bed.

"I came over early to help out," he began. "well, to see you." Rose smiled and kissed him, rooting her fingers in his hair. He placed his hand on her cheek and reluctantly pulled away from her.

"Victoire asked me to come and wake you up. Come on, let's go before your Dad comes running up here threatening to hex me." He held his hand out and Rose took it before they both made their way downstairs.

Victoire was sitting at the long dining table when they arrived downstairs.

"Great, Rose, you're awake! My mum, you, tante Gabrielle and Domonique are going to be getting ready upstairs in Ginny's old room, okay? Scorpius, since you're keen to help out, I need you to go with my Dad, Louis and Teddy to pick up their suits. While they're getting them, go and get the flowers from the shop over the road and get them all back here and tell them to start getting ready,yeah? Thanks." she said before ushering Rose to sit down next to her and talk about the ceremony.

A few hours later and the ceremony was not far off. Rose had changed into her dress after being layered with makeup and having her hair pulled and pinned by Fleur and Gabrielle. She walked outside. The periwinkle sky was clear of clouds and the sun's warmth was only broken by an occasional cool, but not unpleasant, breeze. Outside, she found Albus fidding with a bow tie that his mother had tossed at him to put on.

"Come here." Rose said, gesturing him towards her. Albus sighed and let her tie his bow tie.

"How is it that you know how to do everything?!" he asked.

"Well, one, I am incredibly talented, that you know. And two, my muggle grandad always wore a bow tie on special occasions and he taught me how to do it. There you go." she replied, ruffling his hair like he were a little boy. He brushed her hand away and joined his Dad in setting out chairs.

"Will you tie my bow tie for me?" Scorpius asked from behind her. She turned around and began to tie it for him.

"You know how to tie a bow tie, Mr Malfoy." Rose said, looking up into his eyes.

"Well, Miss Weasley, I seem to have forgotten." he replied as she rolled her eyes at him. She tied the bow tight and pulled it down so she could kiss him. He looked at her for a moment afterward before saying:

"You are incredibly beautiful, Rosie."

"Not looking too bad yourself, Malfoy." she said with a wink.

Rose heard her name being called from inside the house and sighed before running in to find out what the problem was. She walked into Ginny's old room to see Victoire in her wedding dress, veil in hand.

"I need something borrowed." she said. Rose looked puzzled.

"Sorry?" she asked.

"Something borrowed," Victoire reiterated, "as in something old, something new, something borrowed and something blue. I have this bracelet as my something old and my dress is something new. I had the lady in the shop add tiny blue beads to the bodice but I need to borrow something."

Rose thought for a moment before taking off her necklace from Scorpius and telling Victoire to turn around for her to do it up for her.

"Thanks, Rose. I'll give it back, I swear. Don't let me forget." Victoire said, squeezing her cousin's hand as she did so.

The ceremony was traditionally beautiful. Rose led the bridesmaids to the alter. Teddy and his best man, his godfather Harry, stood up before Victoire arrived. Bill led his daughter down the aisle and shook hands with his soon-to-be-son-in-law. A dear family friend and Minister for Magic himself, Kingsley Shacklebolt, conducted the ceremony and not long after, the couple had kissed and had become husband and wife. Teddy and Victoire Lupin.

The sun was beginning to set but the party was just getting started. Scorpius fiddled with Rose's fingers that were resting on the table.

"Do you think you'll ever get married?" he asked.

"Yeah, some day. Why, are you asking?" she replied, full of curiosity.

"If I was, what would you say?"

"Well, for starters I would remind you that we're only sixteen and that we're far too young to be getting engaged," she started and he chuckled, "but I'd probably say yes."

He smiled and pulled her hand up to his mouth and gently kissed her fingers. He then pulled her out of her chair and led her to the dancefloor where they performed a faultless waltz which, when they were finished, was met with a round of applause.