Other People's Business

"How about Arthur if it's a boy, after your granddad?" Scorpius suggested over breakfast one Tuesday morning two months later.

"We can't do that,"

"What? Why not?"

"Al has a daughter named Guinevere. They'll grow up together, we can't have Arthur and Guinevere, that's just cruel. That's like naming two kids Tom and Jerry," Rose explained.

Scorpius sighed, "you're right,"

"I bet you twenty galleons that we end up choosing a name I've suggested," Rose said.

"Alright Rosie, you're on," he replied, leaning across the table to kiss her before leaving for work.

Rose arrived at work at the Prophet fairly early that day and spent the morning proof reading a new publication.

"Hi Rose," Michael said as he entered her office. She looked up.

"The interviews with the 'Golden Trio' are scheduled for next week and the edits for tomorrow's paper have been submitted," she told him.

"Oh right, sorry, yeah that's good but that's not why I'm here,"

"Okay, what's up?" She asked, walking around her desk to face him properly.

"Your cousin James,"

"What about him?" She asked.

"Is he, um, well, is he seeing anyone?" He stuttered.

A small smile found it's way onto Rose's face, "not currently...do you want me to set up a date?"

"Oh, er, maybe? Or just introduce us?"

"Oh, Mike, he knows who you are. He had a major crush on you in sixth year, we all took the piss out of him like there was no tomorrow," she saw his face fall slightly, "oh not because it was you! James was always one of those people who took the mickey out of people for their crushes. Me with Scorpius, Scorpius with me, Albus with Alice, Hugo with Rachel, so when he finally got a crush, oh boy, we wouldn't let him forget it,"

"Thanks, um his dad," he began.

"Harry? He's fine, don't be intimated by him, honestly, bit of a tosser really," she joked.

"So he knows that James is gay?" He asked.

"Oh, Harry knew James was gay before James knew James was gay. I'll set something up," she replied with a wink, walking back around the desk and sitting down.

Michael left the room and Rose sent an owl off to her cousin. She needed to start on an article for the issue coming out in the next few days but, after she got back from the Prophet's owlery, she found Lily sitting in her office chair.

"Lily," Rose began, trying her best to sound welcoming, "you alright?"

"No, Rose, I need help, can you take an hour for lunch?"

Rose sighed, "Sure,"

"Great, thank you," Lily replied. They went to a cafe in Diagon Alley for lunch and, after they'd ordered and sat down, Lily explained her problem. "Charlie wants me to meet his parents,"

"O...kay? And that's a major problem because? I mean, he's met your parents. He's had dozens of lunches with your parents,"

"Yeah but they're muggles, what do I say to them? Do they even know I'm a witch? What if they don't believe us? What if they don't approve?" Lily gushed.

"Lily, calm down, okay? Don't you think it was the same for Charlie when he met your folks?  You've been together for a long time. You don't know anything about them, they're probably really nice,"