Arranged Marriage with a Wolf Chapter 28

Hey! I finished it already :D 

I feel a bit sad actually. Ilove reading comments and I got no comments in the last chapter :'( Please leave some. It does makes me work faster. Pleaaaaaaaaaaaaase!

So, vote and comment, ookay? This one is not that long, but the next one will be :) 

Thank you :) Just a click for the vote and jsut say anything you want. critic or opinion :D Thanks. <3

___________________________________________________________

Arranged Marriage with a Wolf Chapter 28

“Honey, it’s really hard for me… That scar… You’re a girl…” Mom can’t stop crying by the time she saw me this morning. “I don’t know what more can I say about this. It does hurt me too. Deeper than the real scar…” There it goes another sob.

I let go a sigh and hold her hands, “Mom… It’s okay… Look at the bright side. I’m alright. I’m still alive. Be happy for that and don’t be sad for my scar. Please…” I begged. She cries and nods slowly.

Everybody came this morning after Sean’s call last night. Scott looks dubiously at Sean, he hasn’t talked to him. Since day one, Scott has always been the one who is very against me and Sean. I couldn’t blame him that much. I mean, although he is that annoying, he is still my brother and I am still his sister. He wants the best for me. Maybe he just hasn’t realized how meaningful Sean is to me and how grateful I am to have him by my side.

I look at Sean in the corner of the room who smile at me as soon as our eyes met. I point sobbing Mom with my eyes and give Sean a half helpless smile. Sean shows a sympathetic and guilty looks. Deep inside him, under his smiles and encouragement, he is very sad and extremely guilty. I can’t do much in my situation right now, but I would do everything to ease the feeling. If I am that bold, I would just shout right now and say how this is nothing compared to what Sean has done for me. He had turned my life into a better and brighter life. He takes the entire burden in my mental backpack and move it to his leaving mine paperweight. He shouldn’t do it but he always does it. He always thinks of me.

Dad and Paul walk in to the room with a wheelchair, “Time to go home!” I show a very bright smile to everyone. Sean slides his arms under my body and picks me up to be put on the wheelchair. He pushes the wheelchair out of the hospital to my car. He leans down and whisper, “Everything’s gonna be alright.” I hold his hand as he kisses my cheek. I bet Sean heard what Mom said earlier.

Suddenly, pain thrust my heart. Sean has gone through this twice – this can’t be easier for him. Hard to breathe, choked in my throat as tears start to dam up in my eyes. How could I forget about this? I never comfort Sean about this. I inhale some air to hold my tears before looking up to him. His face looks fresher, but his eyes still show sorrow and pain, he’s getting thinner than before.

“Let’s go home, Spence.” Scott opens the door of our car. Sean stops the wheelchair near the opened door. He sits me in the car and closes the door. He looks at me before he walks away.

I quickly open the window, “Sean, where are you going?”

Sean forces a smile, “I’m going with my parents. I’ll be with you for tonight’s dinner. See you, Spencer.” He walks away just when my car drives away. I can’t move too much but I can look from the rear mirror that he is getting further, further and further.

The pain thrust again. On and on like an elastic toy or a ball thrown by a machine thrower right at you. It pounds your chest, barge in, mess everything and leave you in shambles.

Leave you.

What happen if Sean leaves me like what Jace do? What happen if Sean had enough of all this? What happen if Sean doesn’t want me anymore? What happen if Sean doesn’t want to see me anymore?

All of the questions keep me busy with my head and I forget to hold my tears. I look away to the view we pass in the car. I cover my mouth with my hands in a way to make the sobbing inaudible. My breath trembles as it stumbles one by one giving upward movement to my chest. The stitches hurt more than last night, the movement worsens the pain.

“Hey…” Scott breaks in and strokes my arm, “Don’t think about it too much. You’ll be fine. Just think you’re a peeled apple. Only the peeler is you, who is very clumsy and can’t peel it perfectly.” With wet eyes, I smack his arm before both of us burst in little laughter. Mom and Dad seem like missing the joke or even the world. They stay calm – or tense – in the way home. They seem to have something to say but choose to hold their keys next to them.

We park by our house. The feeling of being home fills me with joy. Scott helps me in and sits me in the living room. Mom walks straightly to the kitchen. Dad exhales as he hangs the key. For a moment, he gazes at the view in front of him.

“Dad…” I called him.

He snaps out of his little world. Dad walks in to the living room and fake a smile, “So, let’s watch some game. Let’s see… Today’s game is…” He takes the newspaper and sits next to me and Scott.

“Paul and his family will be here at 7 to have dinner. Tidy the house for me please.” Mom announced in a flat tone.

Scott and Dad debate about the game as they watch it attentively. This view is familiar for me, only this time, I feel like this is different… This is very much, fake.

In that moment, I realize something. Things will never be the same.

“I think I’ll go up to my room to take a rest for tonight.” I said.

Scott gets up, “Let me take you up.”

I turn down the offer quick, “It is okay, Scott. Don’t worry. I can walk. I’m not paralyzed.” He sits down again but still keeps his eyes on me. Dad doesn’t say a thing when I walk to the stair. The whole house turns silent. The journey to the second floor seems to be forever. Mom starts sobbing after I reached the top of the staircase.

Again, I secretly cry and cover my mouth. I walk into my room and sit on the floor to cry. What did I do to make things changed a lot? Why does love needs so much? Why is our love so hard?

“Sean…” I whisper between my sob. This is the time when I really need him. All of the doubt, sadness, sorrow and pain will go away as soon as he wraps me in his strong hand. My sob gets louder. Breath stumbles, chest hurts, tears flow. I rest my heavy head to my folded arms on my knees. The sobs get louder and echo to my ear. Is this what happen all this time? Is this… what I miss?

Maybe this is my fault. I should’ve kept my eyes opened to everyone not be blinded by my own wants and happiness. Maybe things have never been the same but I’m too blind to realize.

Slowly, the tear brings me to sleep.

 ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vote and comment :) Thanks :D