ARRANGED MARRIAGE WITH A WOLF CHAPTER 25

RECAP

He glances at me, "I want you to meet someone. It won't take too long. He's a good man. And funny too. We'll be back right on time, just relax." Relax? My whole body tenses already! This is not good.

"Hey, Dad!" He shouts. What? What is his Dad doing here? It's a forest!

From the big rock near the roaring fire, I catch a tall figure revealing himself and walks to my place. His hair is almost completely white with some black high lights. The face shows lots of wrinkles yet still shows great natural charisma. He got a pair of stern and hypnotizing eyes under his dark eyebrow. In a second, he shapes a charming smile with his perfect teeth.

"Hello."

Jace's POV

"Hello."

My Dad smiles and I move my hold from Spencer's waist to her left harm. Spencer seems so weak that she doesn't even complain held by me like this. I pull her to Dad but somehow Dad's face shows unusual happiness - more like a victorious face.

I hug him with my other arm and pull Spencer closer, "Dad, this is my girl that I told you before. The special one, Spencer Ford."

He hums and nods before putting his charismatic smile. I guess that inherits to me. 100% proved.

"Hello, Spencer. I'm Clint. You can call me Clint."

My eyes start to observe around the area. Dad still loves the outdoor, every time he visits us he always wants to stay with his tents in the forest. I wonder why but I never dare to ask since his visit time is so short and I would be too ecstatic to ask him. Besides, it doesn't really matter. He stays at home up until midnight and comes back at sunrise.

"Dad! Are you going to make that mushroom cream soup?"My enthusiasm blows when I caught the can's figure. It's unopened so either my Dad is keeping it for me or he is going to eat it alone tonight.

He pats my back, "I just bought it from the town just in case you visit and you're hungry. It's your favorite." See, my Dad is the best Dad ever.

I laugh and unconsciously let my hold dropped before walking to Dad's little 'kitchen' to make the soup. Dad bought a big one so it's enough for us three.

I can see Dad's talking to Spence with a smile but Spence shows no feeling for it besides... fear. Ah, maybe it's just nervous.

My fingers hold the knife vertically and stab the can. Half of the knife go through the can. Lately, my strength is pumped up although I quit the gym already, maybe I am getting mature.

Dad walks to me leaving Spencer alone, he takes the knife from my hand and open the can with a small push to the knife, "Jeez, Dad, are you really 51?" We chuckle together.

"You never know, son." He said while pouring the soup to the hanging old metal pot.

There's something about him that is certain but uncertain. I notice Spencer's nervousness is just too much. She hasn't move at all and now she's pale, "Spence, come here! Are you cold? Warm yourself here with the fire. Don't be afraid, my Dad won't bite!" I can hear my Dad's 'pfft'.

She doesn't move at all so I come to her and grab her wrist. She looks down and just keeps on following my steps. I whisper to her, "Spencer, relax. My Dad is a good person." Her shoulders let go a shiver, "Calm down, Spencer."

We both sit together across Dad. He once and twice stirs the soup and pokes the burning woods.

"So Dad, how long are you going to stay here? You can just move in and settle down, you know. I mean, travelling is your hobby but you can just move in and go home every once a week or once a month. That will be great. Come on, we don't even have your picture at home." I said to him.