Chapter 1

The train pulled to a stop in front of the only place Scarlett Dove really called home. She smiled at her mates, stood up, and strode out without a second thought. Ignoring the glances, she allowed the crowd to carry her all the way inside of her school.

She grinned as they entered the Great Hall and took her usual spot at Gryffindor table, near the end. Ryder came and sat down next to her with a smirk.

"Hey, babe,"

Scarlett turned to him with a (forced) sigh.

"Look, Ryder, I don't think we're gonna work out. I think we should take a break.."

Ryder looked at her with raised eyebrows.

"You're breaking up with me?"

"Sorry,"

He sighed and stood up.

"I guess I knew It'd happen eventually. I can't wait until I meet the guy who might finally be able to tame you,"

Scarlett smirked.

"No one's gonna tame me, King,"

"I think you've got another thing coming, Dove," He smiled, and then stalked off to Ravenclaw table.

As he said that, Sirius Black came and took the spot that Ryder had sat in.

"Hey, Sirius. Broke up with Brown yet?"

"Nah. Broke up with King yet?"

"Yep,"

He laughed.

"You're even worse then me. At least I keep mine for a week,"

Scarlett grinned at him.

"I'm just trying to find the right guy,"

"You go through them too fast, Dove. You don't have a chance to figure them out, and they don't have a chance to figure you out."

"No one can figure me out, Sirius. I'm guarded," She grumbled, turning away from Sirius.

"I wouldn't count on that,"

Scarlett threw her arms in the air.

"What is it with you and Ryder being all mysterious?"

"What do you mean?" Sirius asked innocently, and went back to his previous spot next to James.

*~*~*

It was only a day or two until Scarlett had a new boyfriend. Sirius rolled his eyes at her when she told him.

"Player,"

"We're both players," She sighed, plopping down on the Common Room couch.

Sirius chuckled.

"You got that right,"

Scarlett closed her eyes, trying to go to sleep.

"Time to get to breakfast. Unless you wanna miss it." He said, a small smile tugging at his lips.

Scarlett's eyes widened.

"Go Black go!" She yelled, sprinting out of the Common Room.

Sirius followed after her, until they got pulled over by McGonagall."

"Why are you running in the corridors?"

"No time, Professor," Scarlett yelped, "I'm gonna miss breakfast!"

She ran past McGonagall, Sirius following.

McGonagall sighed, and walked off, but not before turning around. She smiled at the sight. Scarlett was on Sirius' back, her arms around his neck and his on her thighs. She laughed quietly and headed towards her classroom.

*~*~*

"Could I have your attention please? Right, now, today, we will be transforming animals into water goblets. Like so. One, two, three. Vera Verto."

The bird that was perched turned into a clear, shimmery water goblet. Scarlett cocked an eyebrow.
"Posture and Wand Movement are very important for this charm,"

She nodded and turned to the rat in front of her. Scarlett tapped it three times, like it said to on the blackboard, and then pointed her wand at the rat.

"Vera Verto!"

It turned into a goblet like McGonagall's, causing Scarlett to grin in happiness. McGonagall turned around and stared at the goblet in surprise.

"Very good, Miss Dove. Ten points to Gryffindor."

Scarlett smiled at her head of house, watching as everyone attempted to do the same she did.

*~*~*

Scarlett groaned and plopped down at Gryffindor table, putting her face in her hands.

"What's wrong with Scarlett?" Sirius cooed, sitting down next to his friend.

"So. Tired. Must. Sleep." She puffed.

Sirius rolled his eyes.

"Overdramatic," Sirius muttered.

Scarlett jumped up, glaring at Sirius.

"Like you can talk! I turned your shampoo pink and you flipped out!"

Sirius gasped.

"You're the one who turned my shampoo pink?"

Scarlett rolled her eyes.

"It was payback for turning my clothes into puffy, poofy dresses,"

Remus, Peter, and James watched with interest as the two began to argue.

"Look, Sirius, go find Brown," Scarlett hissed, turning away from him and glaring at her food.

Sirius muttered something under his breath and stood up abruptly, walking to the other end of the table where Kayla was. Scarlett grumbled and continued to glare angrily at her food, as if it would solve all of her problems.

"What was that about?" James whispered to her.

Scarlett didn't answer, but peeked meekly at Sirius.

"If it's bothering you so much, go apologize!"

Scarlett shook her head, turning back to her food and picking at it.

"Tryouts are on the sixteenth," James said quietly, standing up to go to their next class; History of Magic.

She sighed and stood up, walking over to Sirius. She grabbed him by his robe collar and dragged him out of the Great Hall. Scarlett pushed Sirius up against the wall, getting close up to him and ignoring how his breath quickened.

"Okay, Sirius. Listen to me. I'm not having a good day so please, just stay out of my way, and leave me be. Okay?"

"Okay," Sirius breathed, putting his hand on his heart, which had accelerated noticeably.

He shook his head, following after Scarlett, letting out a shaky breath. He allowed himself a small smile.

Scarlett Dove was only a few centimeters away from his face.

And, quite frankly, he had enjoyed it.

*~*~*