Chapter 13

:)

*~*~*

Scarlett and Sirius did not return until much later that night- very much past curfew. They were giggling like maniacs as they stumbled into the Common Room, giddy with excitement.

"Scarlett, I had a great time with you tonight," Sirius said as they sat on the couch.

"Me too, Sirius,"

"It was funny when that Prefect-"

Scarlett, knowing what Sirius was about to say, burst out laughing.

"He completely got covered in the water!"

Sirius smiled, remembering all the fun they had playing pranks.

They had placed a few buckets of water around, not really expecting any of the prefects to go under them. But one Prefect- who was Slytherin, which Scarlett and Sirius thought made it much better- stepped right on the small 'x' they had placed on the ground.

Of course, Scarlett giggled and the Prefect stopped to look around- long enough for the large bucket of water to dumb all over him, completely soaking him with the icy water. After laughing for a few minutes, the two had made a run for it after the Prefect had seen them.

They just barely made into the Common Room before the Prefect got close to them, which they happened to be very thankful for, although Scarlett was worried that he would remember what they looked like and get them in trouble.

As they stopped laughing, Sirius smiled and put his arm around Scarlett's shoulders, pulling her close to him. She rested her head on his chest, and now, instead of giddy and hyper, they had calmed down and were now in a very peaceful mood.

"Sirius?" said Scarlett, looking up at him.

"Yeah, love?"

"What does this make us?"

Sirius tilted his head to the right and thought about it for a few minutes.

Finally he spoke, softly. "What do you want us to be?"

Scarlett opened her mouth to answer, but at that moment James and Remus came bounding down the stairs, looking at the two in relief. Sirius immediately jumped away from Scarlett, trying to act casual.

"We were worried about you two! We were wondering where you where!" Remus said, looking extremely worried.

Scarlett wasn't paying attention, and instead looked at Sirius in slight hurt. Although she felt as though she were making a big deal out of nothing, she couldn't help but notice.

Notice how quickly Sirius had jumped away from her, like he didn't want to be seen with her.

Scarlett frowned slightly and turned to Remus, who was ranting away, while James was smirking at Sirius. She stood up, feeling extremely used and gave Sirius a hurt glance. Remus called after her as she bounded up the stairs, and tried to stop a tear from falling from her eye. She failed.

And Sirius managed to see the small drip of water that had dropped from her face and onto the stairs.

After she had went up the stairs, Remus rounded on Sirius and had to have James hold him back so he didn't slap Sirius, hard.

"What was that, mate?" Remus nearly yelled.

"What?" Sirius said lazily.

"You two were all cuddly, and then you just jumped away from her! Did you see the look on her face?"

Sirius glanced up at Remus. Remus could tell that Sirius was worried, but was trying not to show it so that he could prove that no girl would ever make Sirius the Player go soft.