Chapter 9

hi

*~*~*

Although Sirius felt like he shouldn't care, nor find it in any way suspicious, every time he tried to even glanced at Blake, he suddenly went all blurry, and, when Sirius blinked, disappeared. This made his frustrated, but he didn't think it was because he kept getting blurry, or how many whispers there were about 'Bove'. He was frustrated about how well Scarlett was taking this, as if she didn't even care about him.

But then again, He thought bitterly, She doesn't know.

And that was what kept making him so angry. That, every time he tried to tell her how he felt, James, or Remus, would suddenly start to talk very loud about Blake Blark. Sirius had given up almost a week ago of trying to even speak to Scarlett. If he was even two feet away from her, James would appear next to him and start gossiping about Bove.

James could see how mad this was making Sirius, and always had to hide his smile when he was around Sirius.

It was all part of the plan, and the three other Marauders could tell that it was working very well.

It also helped that Scarlett, even though she was oblivious of this plan, had gotten a boyfriend the day after Sirius had started ignoring her. James could easily see the jealously flare through his best mate's eyes, and, even though he would never admit it, he loved the way things were working out.

"So," Jason, Scarlett's new boyfriend, said, glancing at her, "How was your day?"

Scarlett sighed in annoyance.

"Fine." She snarled, picking at her food.

"No need to get so rude," He said with a smirk.

He pushed himself away from the table and went to the Slytherin table, where his fellow housemates were, as well as friends.

"Merlin, I hate that kid," Scarlett said bitterly, glaring at his back as he joked loudly about her with his friends.

"Why are you dating him then?" Sirius asked, talking to her for the first time in a week.

Scarlett looked up at him in surprise, and then her facial expression turned stone cold, glaring at him.

"Why do you care?" She said angrily. "After all, you were the one who ignored me for a week!"

Sirius scratched the back of his neck awkwardly, and bit his lip, looking at her sheepishly.

"You better have a good reason for this," She said with a sigh, sensing the fact that he wanted to talk.

She stood up and followed him out of the Great Hall, ignoring James' glare at Sirius.

"He's got her alone," He hissed to Remus.

"Oh no. WARNING! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!" Remus said.

He stood up and put his hands around his mouth, making a megaphone of sorts.

"I SAY IT AGAIN! THIS IS NOT A DRILL!"

Immediately, almost all of the Great Hall (except Sirius' fangirls, Scarlett's fanboys and the Slytherins), jumped up and ran out of the hall, screaming like maniacs.

"So, what's you brilliant reason?" Scarlett asked sarcastically outside of the Hall, oblivious to what want going on inside the Great Hall, and was about to happen out here.

"Well-"

And then it happened.

Hundreds of students ran out of the Great Hall. Sirius lost Scarlett in the crowd, and, by the time everyone went back inside of the Great Hall, Scarlett was gone. Sirius sighed.

"Perfect timing," He said quietly. "Why did they have to come out at that time?"

He walked back into the Great Hall, looking livid, and the students knew that had done their job correctly, and mentally thanked Remus for making them go over protocol many times.

Sirius stayed mad for the rest of Lunch, classes, dinner, and when the four had made it to their dorms, he was still angry. So angry that he tore apart the entire dorm, screaming things his three best friends couldn't even make out.

By the time Sirius calmed down, the dorm was in ruins, curtains set on fire and torn down, desks drenched, papers shredded, things thrown around the room.

"Not me," Remus said immediately.

"Not me!" Peter chorused.

Remus smirked at the two boys.

"Looks like you two have to clean!" He said, over-enthusiastically.

He then closed his curtains (which had dozens of holes littered on them from the fire), and Sirius assumed he went to sleep. Peter did the same, grinning at the two boys. Sirius and James cursed under their breath.

"We have the most rotten luck, don't we?" Sirius said breathily, giving a small chuckle afterwards.

James shrugged.

"Pretty much," He said with a grin.

The two then smirked at each other.

"He didn't take our-"

"WANDS!" Remus yelled from his bed.

Sirius and James groaned in unison, trudging over and handing him their wands.

"Now go clean," He said sleepily.

They sighed and began to clean the muggle way, throwing things into dressers, trying to find something to fix the curtains and dry the desk, and putting the rare un-burned curtains up. (His and James.)

When they finally finished, they were both exhausted, and went over to their beds immediately.

"'Night, Sirius. Do anything like that again and I'll murder you,"

"Yeah, okay. You love me,"

"Shut up."

*~*~*