Chapter 10

Jason was not with Scarlett the next day as he usually was. In fact, he wasn't at all seen during Breakfast.

"Where's Web?" Sirius asked, sitting down in front of her.

James immediately grabbed Sirius by the collar of his robes, gave Scarlett an apologetic smile, and dragged him away, ignoring his thrashing and protests.

"James! What are you doing?" Scarlett said.

She stood up and followed James to the Common Room. He appeared to have dropped Sirius off somewhere, for the boy was no where to be seen.

"Plan's working fine," James said quietly to the other two Marauders, who were 'hidden' behind the couch.

Scarlett frowned, but didn't get to hear more, because Peter noticed her.

"It's Scarlett!"

James and Remus' heads shot up and looked at her with wide, and slightly guilty, eyes.

"What did you hear?" Remus said in a demanding voice.

They stood up and walked towards her.

"We might have to use Obliviate," James said.

"No Prongs!" said Peter, nervously.

"She knows too much!" James barked.

"What plan are you talked about?" asked Scarlett, glancing between them all.

James and Remus looked at each other and nodded. James put his wand up.

"Obliviate!"

*~*~*

Scarlett woke up the next day in the Hospital Wing, with absolutely no idea why or how she got there. When she sat up with a yawn, the matron practically ran over to her and forced a potion down her throat.

"Oh, you're awake!" She said in relief.

Scarlett gave her a weird look.

"Of course I'm awake. Does it look like I'm sleeping?"

The Matron ignored her and continued to shove potions  down her throat, about four in total.

"Who did this to you?"

"I don't know! Who did what? What's going on?" said Scarlett, panicking slightly.

"Someone used Obliviate on you, but for what reason, we don't know,"

"Oh," said Scarlett with a roll of her eyes, "That's fine. I'll be fine. It's probably something I needed to forget anyway. Maybe the Potions homework! Then I can tell Slughorn that someone used Obliviate to make me forge-" She stopped short. "I just said 'Potions Homework'. I didn't forget that,"

She sighed and stood up, hobbling out of bed.

"I'm gonna go back to the Dorm, take a shower, and get dressed. Bye now!" said Scarlett, overly cheerfully.

"You can't! You have to stay for check up-"

"Look, I think we've both agreed that I've been Obliviated, Madam Pomfrey, so just let me go, please,"

Madam Pomfrey was the Matron, who was very strict when it came to her work. She was twenty-one years old.

"Oh, fine," She sighed in defeat. "But come back tomorrow to take memory jogging potions!"

Scarlett was already out the door and heading towards the Great Hall for food. She opened the doors and groaned when she found out it wasn't Lunch, or Breakfast. She left the Hall and made her way to the Kitchens, where she tickled the pear and entered.

"What can Glitter do for Miss Dove?"

Dozens of House Elves were immediately around her, gazing up at her with their tennis ball-sized hypnotizing eyes.

"Some wings, that's all. Thank you!"

Glitter nodded and left, returning a few minutes later with seven mild, plain chicken wings. Scarlett nodded her thanks and dug in, finishing in a matter of minutes and leaving the plate for the House Elves to clean.

She wandered for a while, before returning to the Common Room in a slight daze, still wondering what had happened and why she was obliviated. She remembered everything- except what happened yesterday, after breakfast. Scarlett wondered what she had done after breakfast, trying to force her mind to remember to no avail.

James, Remus, Peter, and Sirius came down the boy's Dormitory stairs a few minutes later, laughing at some pun James had told about Remus' 'furry little problem'. Scarlett barely glanced up as they sat around her, looking concerned, Sirius the most of all.

"Hi," She said in a monotone voice.

James hoped that she didn't remember anything.

"Do any of you know what I did after Breakfast? I can't remember," said Scarlett with a sigh, looking up fully and staring at each of them.

"No!" James said, a bit too quickly.

Remus elbowed him in the ribs.

"Ow!" He hissed.

Remus smirked and turned to Scarlett.

"No, we don't. Why don't you remember?"

"Madam Pomfrey said that someone used Obliviate on me, and I'm trying to remember who, but I just can't,"

James and Remus let out a small breath of relief and shrugged.

"Well, Remus and I are going to go back to the Dorms now. Would you like to come, Peter?"

"No."

James gave Peter a look and he quickly jumped up, following them up the stairs. Scarlett watched after them, and shook her head, turning to Sirius.

"Hi," she said quietly.

Sirius smiled at her.

"Hi."

"Do you remember what happened that day? When you were trying to talk to me?"

"Yeah- the crowd came out."

"Does this 'Blake Blark' kid get really blurry when you look at him?"

"Yep," said Sirius, ignoring the fiery feeling he got in his stomach that he recognized as jealousy.

"What if they have something to do with it?" asked Scarlett, glancing at the boy's Dorm steps that James, Peter, and Remus had just gone up.

Sirius shrugged.

"I don't know. Do you want to find out?"

Scarlett shook her head.

"Nah, I don't want any trouble. Let's just forget about it. You ignoring me, Blake, all of that. Let's just be friends. That's all I want right now," Scarlett said with a smile.

"Yeah. Friends," Sirius said, his stomach sinking.

They both wanted more, but neither said, and instead they fell asleep on the Common Room couch, curled up together.

*~*~*