Chapter Ten

Elizabeth stood in front of the bathroom mirror, spinning and admiring her dress. It was a soft lilac colour with sides that flowed out away from the lean main piece. Her hair was curled into soft waves and she felt like she came straight out of a Disney movie.

The Patil twins joined her on either side, their traditional Indian dresses opposite colours of each other.

"Don't we all just look fabulous?" Elizabeth grinned, mentally taking images of how they all looked.

"I can't wait," Padma gushed, "Is it too early to go down yet?"

"I don't see why not," Parvati said. She checked the old clock that hung crookedly on the wall. "If it starts at eight we'll be right on time."

The girls agreed to go and headed out of the bathroom, but not before saying goodbye to the ghost that occupied it. It was a short walk down the hallway that consisted of wondering out loud what it'll look like and predicting who is going with who.

"I heard that Neville was taking Ginny," Parvati gossiped. "He asked her right after he got rejected by Hermione, apparently Hermione was already going with somebody."

"Who is Hermione going with?" Padma asked, glancing over towards Elizabeth. "Elizabeth, your friends with her. Was it an excuse not to go with Neville or did she actually already have a date?"

"She had a date," Elizabeth confirmed. "I can't say who, but you'll find out soon enough."

"Great, something to look forward to while I dance with Ron," Padma said rather sarcastically.

They made it to the Great Hall doors just as Professor McGonagall was calling over the champions' and their partners.

"She's coming, just wait a moment longer," Elizabeth heard Harry say to McGonagall. McGonagall was about to say something else but Hermione (who was linked arms with Viktor) nudged him and gestured towards where the three newcomers were. Harry's eyes followed her gesture and they drifted from Parvati to Elizabeth. His eyes went wide and his jaw dropped a little bit, and Elizabeth could've sworn he mouthed 'wow'.

"Hi there, Liz!" a cheerful voice interrupted whatever trance she was in. Elizabeth turned her head to meet George's happy gaze. He looked her up and down, "You look like one of the dolls that Ginny used to play with."

Elizabeth tilted her head, not sure what to make of his comment. "Thanks... I guess?"

He grinned and offered her his arm, "Shall we line up, m'lady?"

Elizabeth accepted his offering and the two entered the Great Hall with everyone else. Everyone except the champions made a circle around the edges of the hall, giving the champions enough room to dance with their partners.

Fleur and her date, a fellow Ravenclaw by the name of Roger Davies, swooped gracefully around the floor, his eyes never leaving her. Cedric spun Cho, his girlfriend, around in small elegant circles. Viktor and Hermione danced together like they were meant for each other, him lifting her up like she was as light as a feather. Then, there was Harry and Parvati... Elizabeth had never seen a dance that was so awkward. His hands were practically hovering over her and their steps together were sloppy.

"I think Harry should've been the one to practice with McGonagall and not Ron," George commented. Elizabeth had no idea what he was talking about, it must've been some Gryffindor only event. She looked at him questionably, her mouth pinching together. "Oh right, you weren't there. McGonagall volunteered Ron to dance with her and put his hand on her waist. He was all 'where'?" George imitated Ron, making a face that Elizabeth had spotted plenty of times when the Great Hall ran out of brownies.