Chapter Fifteen

Elizabeth was sitting down by the Ravenclaw fireplace, her hands were trembling with nervousness. She had taken some extra grapes and strawberries from the table at supper time and they were currently in her carrying bag that she had wrapped around her. In a few minutes, she would leave for her date with Harry.

Will it be awkward, so horrible that they have to agree to never see each other again? Elizabeth wondered worriedly. One of her hands clenched into a fist, her nails digging into her palm in an attempt to focus on anything else. Will he end up admitting that he just liked me because I used to always say no? That he only liked the chase?

"Elizabeth, it'll be fine," Padma's voice chimed out from her spot sitting beside Anthony.

"But what if it's not? What if we get caught and have to serve detention and during that detention we keep on blaming each other and it ends up in a huge fight and we---"

"Shut up. You're going on a date with the boy who has been interested in you since you asked him and Ron if they've seen Neville's frog," Padma cut her off. "I can see you two married with kids who have ridiculously long names after people from your Hogwarts years."

Anthony joined in, "I can see you two naming a child after Snape."

Elizabeth wheezed with laughter, "Snape? As in the guy who terrifies children to the point where he's their Boggart? Yeah, right." Elizabeth covered her mouth with her hand to try and stop the escaping laughs. She checked the clock that hung over the fireplace, she was going to be late if she didn't leave now! She jumped up from her spot and took off through the door after saying, "Shoot, I gotta go. I'll talk to you guys in the morning!"

Elizabeth rushed down the spiraling stairs that were just outside of the common room, leading down the tower. Once she reached the bottom, she checked both ways for Filch or Mrs. Norris. When she saw no sign of the caretaker or his cat, she began to creep down the hallway.

"Is that Mrs. Potter I see, trying to sneak out?" a familiar voice said from beside her.

Elizabeth stopped, looking like a deer caught in headlights. She glanced around for the source but only saw an empty hallway.

That was weird... Wait... Mrs. Potter?

"Harry, where are you?" Elizabeth asked to the thin air around her.

Something grabbed her hand and she almost screamed, if it wasn't for another hand covering her mouth.

"Don't scream, I brought an invisibility cloak so we wouldn't get caught," Harry's voice said before pulling her under the cloak with him. As soon as as she was under the cloak, she saw his bright smile. "Hi, Mrs. Potter."

"Hi Harry," Elizabeth smiled before frowning, looking at the cloak that draped around them. "Where did you get an invisibility cloak from?"

"I inherited it from my father," Harry explained, his smiling dropping a bit in mention of his deceased parents. "Um... Shall we head on our way?"

Elizabeth nodded, "We'll be as quiet as mice."

ϟϟϟ

"I can't believe we made it," Elizabeth gasped. "Do you think Filch knew it was us?"

Harry let out a breathless laugh, "I guess we'll find out tomorrow if we both get detentions, won't we?"

Elizabeth gulped at the word. She had only gotten a detention once while she was at Hogwarts, and it was so horrid that she planned on keeping it at that number. While her and Harry were trying to leave the castle, they were talking about their favourite thing about Hogwarts. He had admitted that it was the place he felt most at home, and that the Weasley's house, the 'Burrow', came in close second. After his little confession Elizabeth teared up a little because of his home life (she made a mental rule to never house with muggles that were against magic) and she said that Harry would always be welcome in the Reething household. That caused them both to tear up, causing neither of them to pay attention to where they were going, and almost walk right into Mrs. Norris. The outcome of all that was not good - she may or may not have replied to Filch's yells out of guilt of almost stepping on his cat. Harry had shushed her and there was no one else in the entire school that calls her 'Lizabeth'.