Thirteen.

Harry's P.O.V:-

I lay awake all night thinking about what had happened in M&D's. I had kissed Selena. What the hell had i done?
But for some reason i couldn't resist touching her. I didn't know what this feeling was but i wanted her. Freaking bad.

"Oh selena," i said to myself. "What are you doing to me?"
I wished she would understand how i was bad for her. I closed my eyes and pictured her beautiful, innocent face.

I heard a loud bang downstairs. My uncle had probably come home drunk again. I got up and locked the door to my room.

"I am bloody sick of this," i growled to myself. I pulled out a box of beer from under my bed. "Time to numb it all out."

Selena's P.O.V:-

I stayed up all night waiting. Waiting for Harry to call. After that kiss, he would ask me out. He should ask me out.
I glanced at the clock in my room.

2:30 am.

Why hadn't he called? I hugged my pillow and dug my face into it. Why was i getting weird thoughts. Wait, no. Maybe something was wrong. I grabbed my phone and dialled his number.

First bell, second bell, third, fourth, fifth. No answer.

"Pick up you idiot," I said. I was starting to panic.

First bell, second, third, fourth, fifth. No answer, again.

I threw my phone on the bed in frustration. "Stupid, stupid, stupid."
Tears were streaming down my face. Why was he not answering my calls? Maybe him kissing me was a mistake, maybe he didn't like me at all. And before i knew it, i drifted off to sleep.

As per usual, Zachary dropped us to school on a Monday morning. Harry hadn't called me or texted or even answered me all weekend. But i was determined to keep my cool.

"You've been spending an awful lot of time with Harry," Cinder scoffed as the three of us walked into school.

"Yeah," Macy joined. "Is he your boyfriend?"

"Nah," Cinder answered before i could. "He doesn't date. I know because i slept with him once and he never called me again."

That sentence stung me like a bee right into my heart. I remembered that day when Harry was in my room and Cinder called to him saying 'babe'.

I held back my tears thinking that maybe he too didn't call me again because i wasn't what he wanted.

"No," my voice sounded a little shaky. "We're just friends."
"If you say so," Macy shrugged and they both ran off to class.

I walked up to my locker to get a few books from it when i spotted Harry. Just like always he had his hood over his head, and he was talking and laughing with a bunch of guys. I could only make out his side, which seemed to have a huge red mark on it. Maybe he was in trouble, which is why he never answered me.

I glanced at him again and this time he was looking at me too. I waved at him, but he turned and walked away ignoring me. What the fudge?

"Harry," i quickly shut my locker door, called out and ran after him. "Wait!"

He didn't stop walking. His hands were dug in his pockets.

"Harry please wait!"

"Go away Selena." He whispered as i reached him.

"I don't understand," i tried to keep up with his pace. "But about that day..."

"It meant nothing," he stopped and shoved me against a wall. "Don't you see it, Selena."
That's when i noticed how red his eyes were. A bruise under his left eye and a scar on his cheek. What the hell had he been up to?

"What happened to you?" I touched his cheek gently and shoved my hand away.

"Stop it, Selena. Stop it!" He was almost yelling through his gritted teeth. "Don't you see it?!"

"See what, Harry?" I felt like yelling and screaming to. How could he do this to me? "You kissed me!"

"I've kissed a lot of girls, love." He smirked. But there was pain behind this smirk. It was nothing like the one he always gave me.

"Harry, why are you being like this?" A tear trickled down my cheek.

"Stay away from me, Selena." His voice was rough and stern. "Or i swear you'll regret it."

He let go of my arm he had been holding all this time. He stomped away angrily. There was huge red mark on my wrist, he had been squeezing my wrist so hard.

I still refused to believe that was him. That was not Harry. He was just pushing me away. All this time, he was not the person he pretended to be a few minutes ago. I was not going to give up so easily and was going to find out why he was acting this way.

Harry's P.O.V:-

I realized i had been gripping Selena's wrist too tight. I let it go quickly and glanced at the red mark on her wrist. What the hell was wrong with me? I hurt her. I had to get away from her. She had no clue what she was dealing with.

"Stay away from me, Selena." I said angrily trying to hold back my tears. "Or i swear you'll regret it."

I stomped away pretending like the tears in her eyes didn't bother me. I pulled the hood lower over my head and walked away. The sooner she she left, the better. I had no time for girls, or relationships or dating. But why did my heart ache? Why did i not want to walk away? Why did i want to hug her and tell her everything will be okay.

I didn't know. I didn't understand this feeling at all. I lit myself a fag. When in school, i couldn't drink, so i smoked instead. This helped my wash away all the feelings that swept over me. If i smoked more, it would help me kick away these emotions i was feeling. Hopefully i would get her  out of my head. Hopefully. Hopefully.