Epilogue.

I watched her crying helplessly on the front porch of the house. The address i had told her. The wrong one. I knew she would come looking for me but no one knew where i lived.
She tripped and fell face front, she lay there for a few minutes. I wished i could run to her and pick her up and hold her in my arms.
But no. I had to get away from her. They were sending me away. Because i had done something i should not have.
My uncle's blood was on my hands. How could i be with her when i was not even sane enough to love her?
Love.
For the very first time in my life, have i understood what that word meant. I probably loved her a lot more than she ever loved me.
I longed to hold her, kiss her at least one last time and tell her goodbye. Maybe tell her the truth even. I was a guy with a lot of secrets. Secrets that could destroy me and even her.
I had to protect her. Keeping her away from me was the best way.
She was down on her knees screaming out to me. Pain shot through my body watching her that way. She had been there for me for months not once questioning why i acted like an asshole sometimes.
She needed to understand why i did this. And i am sure she will someday. But for now this was goodbye.

"I love you too Selena," i whispered softly pretending she could hear me before i walked away.