Chapter One: Meeting the Salvatore Brothers

Grunting as the strings on my corset tighten , clenching my teeth and holding the bar tightly. Finally the last strings are pulled and I stand up, perfect pose.

Soon I am dressed in a light purple dress, white gloves and my hair is left curled and brought to the side. I fix the necklace as I look on the mirror, I see my sister smiling at me.

"oh dear sister, you look stunning." She spoke as she walked towards me.

"Glad to know your complementing you self sister." She smiled at my words and placed her hands on my necklace, fixing is so the gem was facing the right way.

"Remember you can never take this off. I can't lose you as well Kataline." She said seriously. I placed my hand over top of hers.

"I know, I never would." She removed her hand and walked away towards the bar I had held onto moments before.

"You know, I could always change you myself." She started. I rolled my eyes. "You wouldn't have to worry about dying if you took your necklace off"

"Katarina, we've been over this, I'd rather be human than a blood sucking monster." I turned to her. "No offense." I added.

"None taken. I take it as a complement." She said before we heard a knock on the door.

"Ms. Pierce, the carriage has arrived." We heard the butler announce. Linking arms with each other we opened the doors and headed off to the carriage.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

"Where are we going exactly?" I asked Katherine as we traveled our way to the mysterious place she had planned for us.

"Just a visit, a special visit. One long over due." She smirked as we entered a rocky road.
I held onto the sides and we soon bumped, sending us a few feet in the air and back to our seats, no damage.

A few strands had fallen onto my face.

"Oh sister, your hats fallen out of place." She lightly chuckled as she fixed my hat so half of my face was covered.

"Why must it cover my face?" I asked with a slight groan.

"Because, suspense is important, keep people guessing until they see. It's more fun" she wiggled her shoulders and giggled.

"Oh yes, your all about fun." I giggle along with her.

In some ways, we are the same. Besides the looks. We both have a temper, she can use hers better than mine but that's only because she's a vampire. We've both been able to attract boys quick, like once they see us they're in a trance. Thought she's the more, dangerous one, more convincing. I'm more of the tester, suck up, nicer. Since she's a vampire people look for them. I've mastered the taste of Vervain so I can tell if someone is trying to kill her. One of my many talents. Along with telling of someone is lying. But the important thing is that we look out for each other, always have each others backs. We love each other. If forcing a witch to make a spell which helps me live along side with her and still be human and never age, then I don't know what love is.

I peek my head out of the window, my eyes landing on a huge mansionin the distance.

"Katherine... who's house is up ahead?"

She smiles at me.

"The Salvatore Brothers"

《¤》《¤》《¤》

The carriage stopped suddenly and the coach got up from his seat. I look out the window for a moment, seeing a glimpse of a handsome man.

Must be one of the Salvatore brothers.
I thought.

You are correct, Stefan Salvatore to be exact.
I heard my sisters voice go through my mind. I smiled quickly at her before the carriage door opened.
Katherine stepped out first, me following behind. Stefan was waiting a few feet away from the carriage.

"You must be the first Ms. Pierce" he said plolitely, taking her hand and kissing the top.

"Please, call me Katherine" she said taking a bow.

He straightens and holds his hand it to me with a smile.

"That means your the second Ms. Pierce" he kisses my hand lightly.

"Kataline. My name is Kataline." I say bowing my head lightly.

I step aside with my sister, we both look at each other.

He's cute
I think, knowing she can hear me.

Indeed he is, his brother should be coming shortly.
She said in my mind. I smiled. Another brother.

"Mr. Salvatore?" Katherine spoke up. He turned his head to us with at smile.

"Yes Katherine?" He asked.

"Would you be able to show us to our rooms?"

"Of course, and please, call me Stefan."

And with that we both took an arm and he lead us into the mansion, showing us our rooms we'd be staying in.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

We had met Damon Salvatore later that night, as we sat down for dinner.

"Katherine Pierce" she introduced.

"Kataline Pierce" I introduced.

He kissed both of our hands, his blue eyes lingered on me for a moment.

"Lovely to meet you ladies. Shall we eat?" He sat down next to his brother.

I nodded and sat next to Katherine.

During the whole dinner it was loud. Laughing and chatter filled the air, it felt like a second home. I glanced at Damon once and a while and noticed him looking at me. I just smiled politly and turned away. Katherine looked like she was having the time of her life. Stefan and her had conversation whike Damon and I had our own.

"I notice your wearing a uniform, coming back from war?" I asked also gesturing to his army uniform. He shook his head.

"Actually I'm headed, in a few weeks." My eyes felt sad but I brought them back happy.

"That's amazing, a real courageous act for any man to do. I wish you luck Damon." I say and his smile widens.

"Thank you, Kataline." He thanked. I turned to see that Katherine and Stefan had left.

Oh Katherine, what are you doing now.

"Well, I should be heading to bed, it's been a long day." I said and stood up.

Damon followed my movements. "Let me escort you to your room, the least I could do for a beautiful woman."

I smiled. "Well thank you, Damon. It would be an honour."

He linked my arm with his and he lead me to my room. No words were spoken until we had made it to my room.

"Thank you for dinner, it was... delightful" I breathed. He nodded.

"It was. Especially since two beautiful woman decided to join." I lightly chuckled.

I kissed his cheek. "Goodnight Damon." And I slipped into my room. I pressed my back against the door, smiling wide.

I changed into my silk nightgown and clinker into bed.

So, which Salvatore have you chosen?
I waited for her reply, which was instant.

Why have one, when you can have both?"
Classic Katherine. One just wasn't enough.