Chapter Eight: The Bonfire

After school Elena asked me to give money back to Stefan for paying for her drink. She gave me the directions to the boarding house he lived in and I was off. When I got there I sensed both of the Salvatore brothers in the house. Flipping my black hair behind me I knocked on the door. The door opened on its own and I walked inside.

"Stefan?" I called out. No answer.

"Is anyone home?" I called out again. No answer.

Suddenly a crow flew past me like the day before. I turned to where it flew, then turned back around to bump into a hard chest. I felt my dead heart beat as I saw the same eyes that I had.

"Who might you be?" Damon asked.

If you only knew who I really was.

"I'm Clarissa, Elena's friend." He took my hand in his.

"I've heard about you." He said and kissed my hand. Thoughts of 1864 filled my mind.

"Yeah um the door was open-" I turned to see that the door was closed. Damon smirked.

"So you searching for Stefan." He asked as he entered his living room. His huge living room. I followed.

"Ah yeah, Elena wanted me to give him money for paying last night." I said.

"You want a drink?" He gestured to the many selections of booze.

"Sure" I said smiling. He poured me some and gave me the glass.

I put the glass to my mouth. I smelt vervain. I silently laughed at his attempt.

"Clarissa?" I heard Stefan's voice behind me.

Saved by Stefan. I thought.

"Hey. Elena wanted me to give you money for paying last night." I greeted him then held out the money to him.

"No no tell her to keep it." He said and put both of his hands around mine, pushing the money back to me.

He suddenly gasped, like it burnt his hands. He looked at me intensely for a few minutes.

"Stefan?" I ask. He shook his head.

"Uh sorry. Must have had an shock or something."

"Alright I'll go. See you later Stefan." I said waving.

"Great meeting you" I heard Damon yell.

"You too!" I said before closing the door.

Quickly I closed in on their conversation.

"What was with that stare off brother?" Damon asked.

"When I touched her hands... I got a memory." Stefan said, sort of worried.

"A memory? What of?" Damon asked.

"Kataline." He said my name. I hadn't hear him say that in a long time. Let me remind you I hadnt seen them in 5 years.

"You know, I went to visit her grave the other day, and I hear her. In my mind. She told me to go back if I ever needed her and she would be there." Damon said.

They were figuring this out really quickly. Dammit.

"Do you think? She's alive?" Stefan questioned. I felt a spark of happiness in him.

"Maybe. Shall we visit her grave?" I heard Damon grab his jacket.

"Yes." Stefan agreed and I ran to my car, pulled out and drove to the cemetery.