Chapter Twenty-Six: Gilbert Device Part 2

I should have said this before but this is the last chapter of The Petrova Sister. I planned this out and it works. I know it doesn't go through the whole second season but it'll make sense. So enjoy the last and final chapter of The Petrova Sister.

Chapter Twenty-Six: Gilbert Device Part 2

I gasped a well needed breath and opened my eyes. They didn't take me long to realize I was in the boarding house. My fist was enclosed with the two papers I had found in the past daydream.

I smiled at myself before being face to face with Damon.

"Hey." My rasp voice spoke.

"Hey" He said with soft eyes. "How are you?"

"I'm fine. What happened?"

"Elena called Stefan after you passed out. She heard you gasping and screaming but by the time she got to you you were out. We took you here and you've been on this vouch for at least four hours." I check the time and see that it's eight.

"Well I'm okay now." I bring his face to mine and our lips press together. But this kiss felt different, like a goodbye kiss. But none of us were leaving.

"I'm glad I still get to do that." He breaths once we break. I smile.

"Believe me, you've got eternity to do that." I kiss him once more before standing up. He follows my movements and I grab ahold of him and give him a bone-crushing hug.

I had this feeling like this would be the last time I'd see him. Just thinking about John and the Gilbert Device. It pained me.

I let go of Damon and told him we needed to find Stefan and Elena.

The car ride to the center of Mystic Falls was silent but peaceful. Our hands intertwined and smiles on our faces.

When we got there we saw a large crowd of people surrounding the stage where Carol was standing, saying a speech. We slowly made our way to the others and as we did, I noticed the Vampires from the tomb. Great, another problem.

"Clary! Your okay!" Elena exclaimed hugging me tight. I wrapped my arms around her.

"Yeah I'm ok." She let me go and Stefan gave me a hug.

"I need to talk to you." Stefan whispered, making sure Damon didn't hear.

"We'll be back in a minute." I told them before walking off with Stefan.

When we got far enough he held my shoulders tightly making me face him.

"What happened Kataline." He said my name making me tremble. I loved whenever he said my real name.

"I found spells. One for death and one for disguse. I can change to my real form and back." I smiled widely. He smiled as well. Before I knew it he had captured my lips into a kiss. I knew he was kissing Kataline in happiness. I kissed back then pulled away.

"I know, you've got Damon and I have Elena, I'm sorry I just had to."

"Don't be, I understand." I placed a hand on his cheek. I smiled slightly before a sering pain enter my head making both me and Stefan cringed and cry out in pain.

It was happening. Now.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

People began vervaining vampires and taking them away. I saw people walking our way. Just before they got to us Rick had stepped in their way.

"I've got em." He told them. But they didn't accept his offer. They plunged a vervain into my neck and made me dozy and started pulling me away.

"Clary." I heard Stefan gasp. I rose my hand slightly but I knew it wouldn't work. I was going to die, and I was frightened.

I was placed in a room filled with the smell of gasoline that was quickly replaced with flames. I panicked and soon regained some strength. I couldn't walk, but I could crawl, although I didn't have to because a gurgle of sobs came from my mouth.

Damon was laying a few feet away from me. I crawled my way over and watched him slowly awaken. My shaking hands held his face as he awoke, surprised and scared.

"Clary what the hell?" He gasps. He reaches to hug me and I sob into his shoulder.

"We're going to die." I choked out.

"No, no we're not. Remember we have an eternity together." He comforts me. I nod before letting him go. The building shakes and pieces of wood begin to break.

I move away from Damon and try to stand, with no success and fall to the ground.

Suddenly the flames on the stair disappear and Stefan emerged from the top.

"Damon, Clary!" He exclaims. He reaches his brother first and hosts him up, securing him with his arm.

"Take him first, I'll be okay for a couple minutes." Damon and Stefan look at me questionable.

"Go, I'll see in a few." I reassured them. Stefan sighed before dragging Damon up the steps, ignoring his protests to get me first.

The steps suddenly blew up in flames again and the building began to collapse. I got scared and moved towards another person.

"Mayor Lockwood?" I coughed surprised.

"Clary? Your a vampire?" He asked.

"Not for long but yeah. What are you?" Before he could answer and large piece of wood fell onto him, intantly killing him.

I shook my head in denial because I didn't want to believe I was going to die, but I was.

I laid down with my straight and watched the building fall apart. I closed my eyes and waited. I coughed as the smoke and flames surrounded me. I heard screaming above me, knowing Damon was going to kill whoever did this.

I sighed. Death isn't something I thought I'd face today. Thought I should've. I took one last breath before whispering today Damon.

"I love you. Don't forget about me." He silenced for a moment before screaming once again to let him down there. I heard Elena's crys and Stefan's frustrated growls. He just got me back and he was going to lose me again. But this time I'd really be gone.

I closed my eyes and shut my hearing off, only hearing the sounds of the desperate coughs and screams of the other vampires. Taking one last breath I passed out, knowing I wouldn't wake up.

I accepted it and let myself go. My last thought were of the people above me, and I smiled slightly bowing that they would be the last thing on my mind.

I would see them again. I knew it.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

And that ladies and gents is the final chapter of The Petrova Sister. This was an amazing book to write and I love reading your comments. Have more thaN 5,000 reads is way more than I expected for this book. You are all awesome people so thank you for reading my book.

It pains me to end it but I had to somehow. Here I thought would be a good way too. My book on wattpad is finally completed and I'm happy.

I want to know, would you like a sequel for this book? Because I've been thinking about it and I just want to see if you guys would actually read it if I did.

It's been a great few months working on this story but it has to come to an end. I love you all.

~Ansley❤