Chapter Thirteen: Emily Bennett

Shortly after the night ended Caroline stopped me to give me her necklace. Said she hated it and didn't care what Damon said. Before I left Tyler had pulled me aside.

"I had a lot of fun tonight." He said.

"I agree, it was fun." I nodded.

"Look I've been wanting to tell you this for a while... I like you Clary. Alot." He started. "I know that we've had our rough spots but in the end we're good friends. I just hope there was a way we could be more." I was in awe. No one had ever said that to me. Tyler was a good guy and I decided to say yes. Give it a try.

"I believe there is. So I'll say yes." I said and his smile grew. He picked me up and huffed me, swinging me around.

"Alright alright don't kill me!" I said laughing. He put me down quickly.

"I'll see you Monday okay?" I said turning to leave.

"How about I come over this weekend?" He said wiggling his eyebrows. I laughed.

"Maybe next time buddy. Let's take it slow." He nodded and I left. In a way, I felt happier than usual.

I walked outside and breathed in the almost fall air. Then I heard talking from a distance.
I listened in.

"Please, please don't kill me." Caroline pleaded.

"Where's the necklace? If you tell me where it is then I won't." I heard Damon say. I remembered the necklace was in my purse.

"I...I don't remember. I might have lost it somewhere." Caroline squeaked, terrified.

"Wrong answer" Damon said darkly. Then I heard screaming.

I sped over the them and ripped Damon away from Caroline. I picked her up from the ground, bit into my wrist and gave her my blood, healing the wound on her neck.

"Get into your car and drive home. Forget about what happened tonight." I compelled her quickly and she ran off. Damon stood up glaring at me.

"Why. The hell. Did you do that?" He asked into sections.

"Because, Caroline is my friend." I said speeding closer to him. "And when my friends scream for help." I stuffed my hand into his chest, feeling his heart and grabbing ahold. "I help." I squeezed his heart.

"Clary... please..." he breathed painfully.

"Didn't I tell you to stop using Caroline as a human blood bag?" I asked loosening my grip a tad.

"Yeah." He grunted. "When we had one of it famous momemts"

I rolled my eyes. "We have to stop those." I finally tore my hand from his chest, leaving his unbeating heart in its place.

"Thank you" he said. I nodded.

"The only reason I did that was because Stefan would have never forgived me. I would have never forgiven myself." I cleaned of my hand with my shaul then stuffed it into my purse. "Unlike you I actually have a heart. Use her as a blood bag again and I will rip your heart out in seconds." I strutted off leaving Damon standing speechless on the Lockwood property.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

I was surrounded by thousands of trees and leaves. Crumbled stones from walls were standing broken and old.

"Kataline how are you?" I turned to see Emily Bennett standing behind me.

"Emily. I've been good. I'm sorry I didn't visit you more often before you died." I apologized.