Chapter Two: Stefan Salvatore

I awoke from my sleep and got out of bed. It seemed awfully quiet in the house. I walked across the hall to where Katherine was sleeping and gasped when opened the door.
The pillow case was smeared with blood, lot of it. Thankfully no one was in the room. I raced over and pulled the pillow case off the pillow and stuffed it under the bed. As I pulled my hand out one of the springs caught into skin and scraped across my hand, causing me to scream in pain.

I felt a pair of hands pull me up to stand and turn me around, both hands firmly griping parts of my hand that didn't hurt.

"What happened?" Stefan asked worried.

"I was... looking for Katherine's necklace and the spring caught onto my hand."

He stared intensely at the wound on my hand and a thought popped into my head.

Did Katherine turn him?
She wouldn't... would she?

I guessed right because he grabbed some cotton and tape, securing it around my hand so it wouldn't fall.

"Thank you." I smiled. I had forgotten I was in my nightgown.

"Excuse me while I change into something proper." I nodded before speedwalking to my room and shutting the door.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

"So where have Damon and my sister run off to?" I asked as we walked around the garden in the back.

"For a carriage ride I believe, won't be back for a while." He's hands were held behind his back.

"So I guess it's just us" I stopped walking, Stefan did as well. We stared at each other's eyes. I moved closer, placing one finger under his chin and one over top, bringing his head down a little bit. Our noses touched.

"Bet I can beat you to that statue." I smiled and pointed to the white state at least 10 feet away.

He smiled. "Your on." And he was off.

I soon caught up and ran just a bit faster than him. I went through a little maze that lead to the statue, Stefan following close behind. I laughed all the way until I got to the statue, placing my hand on it, smiling wide.

"I'm wearing a dress, and I was faster than you. Pick up your game Salvatore." I teased. He was breathing a little deeper, as was I. I hadnt ran in a while.

I walked over to a white bench and sat down, Stefan joined me minutes later.

"Your different than I expected." He suddenly spoke.

"How so?"

"I expected you to be more like your sister, but your different." He held my hands.

"Different can be good, but it can also be bad. What kind of different am I, Mr. Salvatore?" I tilted my head and raised one side of my lip.

"The good kind." His forehead was pressed against mine. I stared into his green-brown eyes. A sudden coughing caused us both to jump. We turned to see Stefan's father standing before us, arms crossed.

"Katherine and Damon have returned. I suggest, you Stefan to go say hello. I want to talk to Ms. Pierce for a moment."

We said nothing but Stefan stood up and made his way out of the garden, leaving me alone with Mr.Salvatore.

"Now, Kataline was it?" I nodded. "Why did you and your sister come here?"

"I have no idea sir. She surprised me. You should maybe talk to her." I suggested. His lips smirked as he stood up, holding his hand out for me.

"Thank you Kataline." He said kissing my hand then walked away.

My hand felt weird . Like a wet substance was on my hand. I sniffed it. There was definatly a smell. I licked a small part, tasting it. That's when my eyes went wide.

Vervean. They knew something.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

Barging into her room without a second thought. She was almost surprised when I hugged her.

"Kataline, what's with the hug? What's wrong?"

I was breathing heavenly. "Mr. Salvatore, he knows, when he kissed my hand it left Vervean. He's going to ask you why you came here! I don't know when or how."

She placed her hand on cheek. "Don't worry. I have plans. It'll be fine."

I trust her. I hope whatever she planned will work.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

Hope you are liking this story so far! I liked the 1864 timeline I could remember it better than the after with Elena aND everyone else. But whatever. Comment like and vote!