Chapter Fifteen: 162 Candles Part 2

Lexi and I hurried to the graveyard where Stefan had just made it too. He stood over my grave and pulled out roses from behind him. I awed at his gesture. He was the one who always placed flowers there every year.

"Happy Birthday Kataline." Stefan spoke to the gravestone.

Happy Birthday Stefan." I sent. He smiled.

"I don't know where you are, or who you are, but I will no stop until I find you. You've told me you're alive, I just need to see you."
He said determined.

In time Stefan, you will see me in time, but for now you have the ring Clarissa gave you. Use that to see me. He crossed his arms.

"Alright. I'll see you later." And he walked off. We watched him get into his car and drive off, staying out of sight.

"Kataline, you've done that for them?" Lexi asked

"Yeah. I didn't want them to forget me."

"Thank you. I don't know ehat they'd both do. Well Damon would have probably went mad and go on a killing spree." I laughed at how true that was.

"Well ain't that the truth."

《¤》《¤》《¤》

We all waited for Stefan at the grill. We'd planned to have a surprise party at the grill. Damon compelled the whole place to leave except for the bartenders, they stayed to make everyone drinks.

I watched Caroline talking to Matt, doing the little flirty things. I was happy she found someone else. I was especially glad that Damon had backed off. I wasn't really going to kill him, I just needed him to listen.

We heard the bell above the door ring and we watched silently as Stefan walked in.

"SURPRISE!" Everyone yelled. Stefan was shocked for a moment before laughing.
Damon patted him on the back.

"Wow, who knew you could keep a secret" he said to Lexi once he'd finally made it to the bar stoods her and I were sitting at.

"When it's something this important, of course I will." She said smiling.

《¤》《¤》《¤》

The night was amazing. Everyone was dancing and having a good time, especially Stefan. He hadn't stopped smiling since he'd got here.

His eyes met mine as I watched him play pool. He set his stick up as sped over to me. Then he did the unexpected. He kissed my cheek.

"Did I thank you for this yet?" He said after he pulled away. I slightly blushed.

"No, but I think that kiss was for Elena" I said giggling. He shook his head.

"No it was for you." He said almost seriously. I smiled.

"Well thanks. You should go see Elena I'm just gonna go get some fresh air." He nodded before walking towards Elena.

I walked out into the cool winter night.

Happy birthday to me. Another uncelebrated birthday. I thought. It was a little depressing that I hadn't celebrated my birthday in 162 years. I was glad I told Lexi. I trusted her with my life, now she was here and we could catch up on everything.

I regretted thinking that as I heard gun shots. I ran towards the sound as I watched Lexi, looking thirsty for blood, walking towards the sheriff. I smelt vervain right away, it was in her system. Then I saw Damon, raising a stake high in the air and before ei got a word out, plunged it into her heart. She fell to the ground and instantly began to turn gray and desicate. A bloodcurling scream left my throat as I fell to the ground. Damon's eyes trend to my direction with fear. I heard footsteps running gin my direction and felt Stefan standing behind me, sadness radiating off of him.

"He killed Lexi!" I cried. The sheriff had left before I said anything.

"I'll talk to him." Stefan said but I pushed him back.

"No! Let me." I said angrily. I turned to Damon and charged towards him.

I pushed him hard and he flew at a building, hard, and fell to the ground. I picked up the stake and walked towards him. I wanted to kill him, I wanted to rip him to shreds. The only person in had trusted to tell my secret to was dead. I made it to Damon and pulled him up by his shirt.

"Why the hell did you do that!?" I said through my teeth.

"They needed a vampire so I gave them one." He said with no emotion.

"Should I give them another one?" I threatened as I pointed the stake at his heart.

"That won't be nessecary." He says. That made my blood boil.

"Your so careless, it's like your humanity is shut off. You don't care about anyones feelings but you own. You don't know how badly I want to rip your heart out." I spat while tears rolled down my cheeks. "But it would be like ripping out my own." I unclenched his shirt. In his eyes I saw hurt, but mostly regret. I stabbed him deep in his stomach. I grabbed two more from the car trunk and stabbed his arms together.

"Don't talk to me every again." I looked at Stefan, terror and surprise in his eyes. I walked past him but not far enough so he could hear me.

"I'm sorry, but she was my friend too, I just made you getting back at Damon easier." And I whisked away.