Chapter 9 - The Man I Hate the Most

Chapter 9 – The Man I Hate the Most

[Ina’s POV]

“What do you want?” I hissed.

“Isn’t it obvious, Ina?” he whispered to my ear. “I want you,”

“We’re over, Tamaki,” I gritted my teeth. “We’ve been over for five years,”

“Why do you think that, my sweet Ina?”

“You’re dead, Tamaki,”

“But I’m right here,”

“That’s why I’m going to ask you that question,” I paused. “How are you alive?”

“Someone knew how to make the resurrection jutsu you’re so good at,” he chuckled. His physical appearance was the same from five years ago. Nothing changed. He hadn’t aged a bit, just like Sasori. He didn’t know anything about puppetry, so how was he able to do this? No, he already said the reason. Someone knew how to cast my own made jutsu. Someone already knew how to cast Fukkatsu, the resurrection jutsu. “I just want to ask you, why didn’t you use that jutsu on me, Ina?”

“You were better off dead,” I looked at him directly into the eyes. His eyes showed no emotion this time, just like when I first met Sasori. His eyes were cold and emotionless. “Right from the very start,”

“That hurts,” he clutched his chest.

“Why are you back?” I hissed again. “If you want to kill me, why not do it now?”

“I don’t want you dead, Ina,” hearing him mutter my name again and again brought back memories that I wanted to deeply forget. Why was he back now? “Even though you left me to die, I don’t want you to get killed. Maybe I just want you back, you know?”

“You’re speaking nonsense, Tamaki,” I told him. “It’s either you kill me now or I kill you,”

“I would like to see you try,” after a second, I retrieved both of my swords from my back. I swung it to the direction of Tamaki but he was already gone. “My dear, Ina. Is that all you can do?” he appeared in front of me and I swung my sword again. This time he didn’t vanish, he held both of my hands and pinned it to my back. His mouth was now close to my ear. His breath on my bare skin made me terrified. “Just quit now and stay by my side. I’ve already forgiven you,”

“I don’t want to be forgiven,” I wanted to die than to be forgiven by someone like him. I tried to get away from his grip but failed in return. How could I even break away from his grip? He was stronger than me before, of course he was still stronger than me now. “Just kill me and get it over with. I don’t’ want to stay with you. I’ll be rather dead first,”

“That really hurts, Ina,” his grip on both of my hands loosened. “But you can’t get away from me. I already casted a jutsu on both of us,”

“What?”

“Soul-binding jutsu,” he released his hold on me and I eyed him to see if he was joking. “You wouldn’t be able to get a kilometer away from me,”

“Let’s see about that,” I dashed away from him and tested to see if he was telling the truth. If he wasn’t, well, I just got lucky because I managed to escape. But he wasn’t tailing me. There was a chance that what he said was true.

I was praying to Kami-sama to let me out of this hell hole. I just wanted to get far away from him as soon as possible.

I got my confirmation when I ran to an invisible force field. I couldn’t get passed through it. After a minute, a familiar presence came behind me. “I told you so,” even without looking behind me, I knew that walked just to mock me.

“How can I get out of this jutsu?” I asked him. “Tell me,”

“If you kill me…that would be able break the jutsu, of course,” he smirked at me. “But I know that you wouldn’t be able to. Considering that you can’t even land a blow on me, it’s obvious that you wouldn’t be able to get out of this jutsu,”

“Someday, Tamaki,” I breathed out. “I’ll kill you someday,”

[Sasori’s POV]

I tried to search for them but they were gone. Who was the man that kidnapped Ina? I didn’t know. I didn’t have an idea. All I figured out was that they knew each other. If only I did have her Kekkei Genkai to see her past, I wouldn’t be questioning about these things anymore.

The pain in my chest deepened as I couldn’t find them. How could someone make me feel this way towards them? I didn’t know since I was just new to knowing what my feelings were again.

But I knew it wasn’t anything normal.

It was definitely far from normal.

I felt something different about Ina.

What was it?

Again, I didn’t have an idea.

I grieved when I saw her ran away from Kirami and I. Even though I was with Kirami, my mind was still with her, I just didn’t tell her because I knew that she would just be laughing at me because she knew that I was feeling something human.

I searched the area and still found nothing.

Where were they?

The genjutsu of that guy was far from anything I’ve ever seen. It may be stronger than Itachi Uchiha’s genjutsu which meant that Ina was in an awful lot of danger.

I needed to save her.