Last Chapter - Jealousy Might Be Good

Last Chapter – Jealousy Might Be Good

[Ina’s POV]

“I see that you’ve got your redhead back,” the Tsuchikage observed when I appeared in his office again.

“I would like to ask for a favor, Tsuchikage-sama,” I bowed. “Please do hear me out,”

“Speak,” he demanded.

“I would like for you to accept Sasori as a citizen of this village,” I said then saw Sasori bowing to the Tsuchikage like me. “We’ll be doing missions and serve you with loyalty. The Akatsuki doesn’t know that Sasori’s still alive so he won’t bring any harm because Akatsuki wouldn’t look for him,”

“I grant your wish,”

“And ple—what?” I stood up then looked at the Tsuchikage. “Y-You grant my wish?”

“Of course,” he chuckled. “Who am I to even take away your happiness? You’ve stayed loyal to me ever since, making you my favorite kunoichi in this village. And of course, being my favorite, I want you to be happy,”

I was flattered by what the little old man said. I didn’t expect to be his favorite. “Arigatou,” Sasori and I chorused.

“And do not worry about Sasori’s identity,” he assured. “I promise that I wouldn’t let his identity slip. You just need to be careful on your own,”

As we were walking back to our apartment, of course, Sasori got the attention of the ladies. I just sighed at them. They could really get annoying sometimes. “ Jealous?” Sasori asked.

“Not jealous,” I answered. “Just annoyed,”

“That’s the same thing,”

“It’s not,”

“Just admit that you’re jealous,”

“I won’t!” I defensed. “I’m not jealous, Sasori. Sure, you’ve got all the ladies lining up for you, but I’m not jealous. And even though those ladies are very pretty, I’m not jealous,”

“You’re cute when you’re jealous,” Sasori chuckled.

“I’m not jealous!”

“Then why are you so defensive?”

“Because…” I trailed off. “I’m not jealous and that’s final!”

I stomped my way back to our apartment like I was a little girl. Well, Sasori wouldn’t find that attractive would he?

I knew for myself that I was insecure of those girls. Some of them were pretty enough to outstand me. And they weren’t an assassin. They would be able to cook Sasori meals while he’s out for a mission. Those women would be a good image of a wife and a mother. I was an assassin, I was destined to kill, not to take care of children at home.

Sasori could tell me to not mind about those women, but insecurity was something that a person couldn’t get rid of easily.

“I admit that I’ve been oblivious to my surroundings ever since I became a puppet,” he explained as he sped up so he could walk beside me. “But that blush on your face gave all your feelings away,” he then sighed as I decided not to look at him. “Look, Ina. You don’t have anything to worry about them,”

“Figured that you would say that,” I mumbled.

Sasori could bring out the embarrassing side of me. With him, I felt like a little girl talking with her crush and it took every ounce of will not to blush whenever he got near me.

“Let’s go somewhere else,” he suggested.

“Now?”

“Now is the right time,” he smiled at me. Sasori didn’t smile that often before, but I noticed that as time passed by that he grew fond of smiling more often.

“Now is the right time to go where?”

“You’ll see,”

He grabbed my hand and led me to a place that I didn’t know. “How do you know this place that good?” I asked out of curiosity. I was the one who lived here, not Sasori.

“I’m a former Akatsuki member,” he pointed out. “We know everything about the world,”

“You have a map or something?”

“Sort of,” she shrugged.

Did Sasori miss the Akatasuki? If yes, I couldn’t see it in his eyes.

There were so much more that I needed to learn about Sasori. And I believed that we still had a long way to go.

I then realized that he brought me to the very center of the village, the sun was already setting so there was a light on us. There were girls who were walking by and stopped just to look at Sasori. “What are we doing here?” I asked.

“You’ll see,” he smiled. We waited for like five minutes until there were many girls surrounding us, admiring Sasori. I felt my jaw drop when he got down on one knee. He then pulled a shiny metal from his inner pocket then held it in front of me.

“Sas—“

“Ina,” he breathed out. “I know we haven’t known each other for so long but I really want to share my life with you. I don’t want to let this mo—“

“Where did you get the ring?” I blurted out because I knew that if Sasori continued talking, my face would be redder than the blood of the ninjas that I killed.

“I’m a puppeteer, remember?” I smiled at his answer. How could I even forget? Sasori sensed my redness and chuckled. “So, Ina, will you marry me?”

“Yes,”

**********************************************************************************************************

And this is the last chapter! I had fun writing it ^^ And for the next fan fiction that's going to replace this one is a Sasuke Love story. And yes, I did say Sasuke. I was going for Kakashi but then decided for Sasuke! Please do stay tuned because I'm going to give my best writing every chapter in all my storie