Chapter 16 - Silent Hatred

Chapter 16 – Silent Hatred

[Ina’s POV]

“I-Ina?” he stammered. “What are you doing here?”

“Do you even need to ask?” I replied with a bitter tone. “I’m a ninja assassin, and I kill people, that’s what I do. Did you even forget what my job is, huh, Sasori? Well, funny you still remember my name,”

“You know I wouldn’t be able to forget you,” he looked down. “But I’m sorry,” he then lunged his body at me. “I have to kill you,”

“Good,” I snickered as I blocked his physical attack. “Where are your puppets now?”

“Behind you,”

By surprise, I turned around and saw one of his puppets encircling its arms around me. I struggled to break free but it was no use. “Did you forget not to underestimate me and my puppets, Ina?” he asked. “You do know that I was one of the Akatsuki before, right?”

I bit my lip to stop myself from responding. I didn’t know why I was so weak. I didn’t even have the chance to glance at Kirosu’s face. If he has a bodyguard as strong as Sasori, I guessed that there was no way for me to defeat that man.

The Tsuchikage did want me to die after all.

“Kill me,” I whispered then looked at him dead straight into the eye. “Please,” his eyes held no emotion, I knew that there was emotion there before, but this time, I saw none. I wanted to die, then and there.

My life was full of things that I didn’t even bother to notice because I felt so alone and distant to those things around me. During my time with Sasori, I felt happiness, but before and after that?

None.

I felt dull.

I felt useless.

I felt empty.

“I want to,” he said. Who knew that he wanted to kill me that much? “I want to stop myself from loving you, but you’re inside my head every day. I always worry about you,”

“S-Sasori?”

His eyes changed.

His eyes that showed emotions came back.

“But the jutsu Kirosu placed on me is deadly,” he admitted and I widened my eyes on that. “I’ve been trying to stop myself from attacking you earlier and it’s getting harder to control,”

“Just do it,” I said simply. “Let’s put an end to this,”

“Why would I want that to happen?” he smiled at me. “That’s the very least thing that I wanted to happen, Ina. I’ll rather kill myself than let you die,” he bit his lip like he was battling something inside his head. He then fell down on his knees on the ground, clutching his head, “Damn it,”

“That’s no use, Sasori,” a man with brown hair and wrinkles on his face went outside the hide-out. It was the same man from the picture the Tsuchikage gave me. Kirosu. “So you’re the one the old man sent to get me, huh? I never pictured you to be a woman,”

“Don’t underestimate your opposite sex,” I glared at him.

“You see,” he lit up a cigarette from his pocket. “The reason why the old man wanted to kill me because he knew that I could kill him in an instant. This Kekkei Genkai of ours that could put a spell binding jutsu on anyone to make them follow us, it’s kind of deadly, isn’t it? With this power I could easily power anyone, even the one that you serve the most,”

I looked at Sasori and saw that he was still struggling inside his mind. I asked Kirosu the dumbest question that I could manage, unfortunately knowing that he wouldn’t answer it, “Then how do you break the jutsu? Kill you? Now, that’s so weak. Your Kekkei Genkai’s a failure despite being deadly,”

“How dare you say such thing?” a hint of anger appeared in his eyes. “You do not need to kill me to break the jutsu, you just need to channel your chakra into the person I placed the jutsu on. You dumb ninjas couldn’t figure it out,”

“Is that so?” I snickered as I used every bit of my strength to break free of Sasori’s puppet.  The wood went under my skin but that didn’t matter. It didn’t even matter even if I broke Sasori’s puppet. I suddenly kissed Sasori and channeled my chakra to him. The breath is the fastest chakra transportation.

“Very sweet,” Kirosu commented. “But you didn’t let me finish. You need to give all your chakra until you run out of your life force. I figured you would do this so you can die easily,”

I didn’t care about what he said. What I cared about was Sasori’s safety. If I needed to give all my life force to him, then, why not?

I felt myself getting drained.

Well, at least Sasori survived.

[Sasori’s POV]

Stop.

Stop.

Stop.

What was she doing? Why couldn’t I stop her?

She would die of this process. I would live but what about her? Why was she willing to die for me? I felt myself breaking free of the jutsu Kirosu placed on me. I knew that he was watching and enjoying the show. He knew Ina would die.

Why couldn’t I move my body?

“Pathetic girl,” I heard him say. “She knew that I would be able to cast the jutsu again and again. And now, she started to give her life force and wouldn’t be able to stop,”

Wouldn’t be able to stop?

************************************************************************************************************

Hello everyone! I was quite busy that's why it took me almost a year to update! Hontoni Gomenasai!

I just want to ask if you could please like my cosplay page? I turned into a cosplayer this month and I just want to have followers :) If you do like my page, please like the pictures also. 

Here's the link:   http://www.facebook.com/KiriKoshiba101