Prologue (Estelle Knight)

The picture is Estelle!

*~*~*

I felt someone shaking me gently. My eyes shot open and I sat up, glancing at my alarm clock with a groan.

"It's only six.." I murmured sleepily to the caretaker, rubbing my eyes, "Why am I up this early?"

The caretaker, Ms. Smith, glanced at me nervously and grabbed my hand, dragging me downstairs.

"Whoa, wait, I'm still in my pajamas!" I said, trying to resist, but she was strong from having to hold kids back from knocking over lamps.

I sighed and went limp, allowing her to drag me downstairs. Eventually she got tired and grabbed my legs, pulling me along until she came to a stop in front of a reasonably old man.

"Hey, old dude!" I said happily. "The names Estelle!"

He smiled.

"Nice to meet you, Estelle. I'm Professor Dumbledore," He said.

"Why am I here?"

"I've decided to take you with me."

"You're being adopted, dear," Ms. Smith said happily.

I wasn't the best behaved child in the box. No, that sounded wrong. I wasn't the best behaved child in the gang. Still sounds wrong, but whatever.

I beamed at the man.

"You have no idea what you're getting yourself into, old man."

He smiled.

"Oh, that's exactly what I assumed."

Afterwards, Dumbledore had a little chat with me about where I was going. My first reaction was to scream that he was a liar, but then I thought it was cool so I decided to believe him and let him drag me where we needed to go.

He told me I was a wizard (surprise surprise) and then told me we had to apparate to my new school.

He also warned me that I might throw up.

So he grabbed my arm and we apparated immediately.

I was going to throw up, but then I saw the beautiful castle in front of me.

"That's me new school?"

He smiled.

"Yep."

This was going to be a great year..